Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kornos X - System cannot start error and recovery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Kornos X - System cannot start error and recovery Reply with quote

My kronos X Stopped loading yesterday. at startup I was getting
'System cannot start due to a file system error. Please reinstall the system software' (6)

I downloaded and created recovery disks 1 and 2 . tried to boot using DVD drive but could not load the DVD. I tried four different DVD Drive without any success ( created discs on both mac and windows . orginal disks were not available)

I then opened kronos and removed the SSD. using a external USB disk casing connected to Linux machine and ran File system check from. the extended partition was corrupt and was failing to mount. proceeded with file system fix.

Installed the disk back in kronos and to my relief it worked !!

Now I wonder why the DVD did not load . do we need to use any special writing method or Drive to load the DVD ! will try different option so that I am ready to boot from DVD and fix if similar issue is faced in future .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: