Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck in Set list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roecityryder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Stuck in Set list Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am new here and new to the Kronos. I was able to pick up a 61 key Kronos X from a local pawn shop for a steal. However either it's broke or I am doing something wrong. When I power it up it 1st gives me a message about the clock battery in which I press ok and then it loads to set list. I can't get out of set list regardless to what button I press. Set list button is lit up and won't get out this mode even if I press prog, combi or global. Any idea what the issue is or should I take it back since I have 7 days to return it to get my money back.

Thanks!!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a hardware problem. In case you are a bit handy (and want to take the risk), open the case, and reattach the cables from/to the buttons. Or have it fixed by an official Korg dealer, I doubt it's a real serious problem, especially if most other buttons work.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try replacing the clock battery.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding one at such a good price is worth sending it in for service, paying the extra bucks to get it fixed.
Kronos at a pawn shop is usually a sign of someone who gave up easy after it malfunctioned or the person was in such bad times that the quickest easiest cash deal was all the person had time and patience for.

Keep it and have it repaired. I am amazed at how much good-working korg triton Extremes are sellng for these days, 15 years after they were still the new Korg on the shelf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: