Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RADIAS not being recognised - at all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesmudd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: RADIAS not being recognised - at all Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Wondering if you could help me out with my RADIAS? I love the thing, but it will not, for some reason, transmit MIDI over USB. In fact, my mac won't even register that it's been connected.

I've got the sound editor working fine, got the latest Korg-USB drivers installed. Doesn't pop up in the MIDI window.

It transmits and receives MIDI over DIN no problem, but I can't use the sound editor via DIN as it's going through a cheapo interface (that I'm using purely for the MIDI ports).

Funny thing is, a mate has a new ARP Odyssey, and it works fine on my mac. Also, the firmware on the RADIAS is 2.0, so somebody has definitely used the USB connection before.

Any bright ideas?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111201

jamesmudd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that - no dice. Nothing at all pops up in the MIDI setup window, even after every device in there (Korg or not) is deleted, then the RADIAS plugged in first.

I'm super confused.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: save your settings and reset the unit Reply with quote

save your settings and reset the unit.
or go through all the global settings one by one...
there has to be a soft switch set wrong...
what exactly are you trying to do???

do you have a midi 5 pin cord to usb also in your studio??
you might try that...

just remember any other gear in the midi chain might cause time delay in midi stream...

I use only 5 pin midi here in the studio...
lol
if you give up on the radias let me know
i need 2 more of them here!!
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Kossi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verify routing on global parameters P04-1 page is set to USB+MIDI and not to MIDI only.
    Try with different USB-cables. Use quality ones, use rather short ones.
    Connect directly to your Mac, quality USB hubs are rare out there.
jamesmudd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm simply trying to get my mac to recognise that I've plugged the RADIAS in AT ALL, so I can use the sound editor (which appears to work fine by itself, I it just can't find the RADIAS to connect to) and play it via MIDI from Ableton using only a USB cable.

There is nothing else in the MIDI chain, good quality cable plugged directly into the USB port on the mac. I've checked and re-checked that routing is set to USB+MIDI in the global settings. Memory protect is off. SystemEx is set to o. I've done a factory reset. I've deleted every other MIDI driver I can find.

The only thing I can get it to do is send and receive MIDI notes via a reaaally cheap and horrendous MIDI-USB interface that my housemate lent me (one of these guys http://www.cccme.org.cn/products/detail-3093881.aspx) but it does not appear as RADIAS in the Audio-MIDI settings, nor can the Korg System Updater or Sound Editor find it.

Again, I was pretty surprised that ARP Odyssey popped up straight away. I have to assume it's an issue with the RADIAS not being compatible with the drivers any more. I'm pretty much out of ideas.
jamesmudd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just tried the new Korg USB driver they released the other day - still nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: