Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original USER styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Original USER styles Reply with quote

Hi

Can anyone help to provide me with the original USER styles ,not the FACTORY styles on the Korg PA4x, straight out of the box, I appeared to have overwritten about 50% of what I had when starting out using this keyboard, over the months got carried away editing and converting from midi extra styles, before I started to do a SAVE ALL....

Thanks

Ronnie
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you to make first of all a complete backup of your keyboard (Media -> Backup -> Backup Full Resources or something similar like that).

After you've completed the backup you can reload the original PA4X resources (downloaded from Korg.com). By using Media -> Save -> All you can select what to save to USB-media. When finished you can easily restore your previously made backup et voilà: you've got both your own settings and the user styles you previously had deleted.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no "Resources" download for the PA4X - it is part of the OS installation procedure.
Also, there is no point in performing a Factory Resource backup unless you have changed factory styles.
But it is important for you to backup all your current USER data (Save-all)

What do you mean by "original styles"? (apologies Rikki - we were posting together Very Happy )

The only USER styles installed in V2 overwrite FACTORY 1,2,&3 but these are also downloadable as a SET from the bonus ware section on the Korg website

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie,
What do you mean by original User Styles?

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys
First of all thanks for the replies.
My meaning of original USER styles...is when at first I bought my keyboard,took it out of the box,switched the unit on,there were USER styles on the keyboard along with FACTORY styles. My Factory styles are still intact, it is after months of playing the keyboard I used up most of the USER sections,before I understood about doing the SAVE ALL.
I think Pete mentioned that I may find them in Korg Bonusware.
I dont want to install all of them,but use whatever I need to play certain tunes. My current USER is taken up with many song styles I have either created using user / factory styles, purchased styles and converted from midi songs and yes I now do regular weekly back ups.

Thanks again

Ronnie

Last edited by shadowhankron on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys
Again thank you

Ronnie
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everybody,

Inside our BonusWare, Style Volume #27 corresponds to the new User Styles we added to the User area when releasing Pa4X v2.0. These are the same Styles that Ronnie accidentally deleted.

In addition to loading these Styles from the BonusWare, you can reload them by using the Media > Utility > Factory Restore command and only selecting the Style type of data to be restore. Please be aware that this operation would also restore all the original Factory Styles.

Best,
Paolo
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
There is no "Resources" download for the PA4X - it is part of the OS installation

What do you mean by "original styles"? (apologies Rikki - we were posting together Very Happy )

Pete Very Happy

Hi Pete, how weird, we were posting at the same, I only pop in , now and again. Haha

Ronnie ,I think Paolo has probably answered your question.

I haven’t been playing a great deal, consequently
I haven’t started using the User section on my keyboard to any degree, except for when I edit a style or convert a style, so I usually have plenty of empty slots to save them.
I do believe I still have the styles you were referring to, loaded in mine. Couldn’t remember if they were something I loaded, but now realise, they are probably the styles you were referring to, clears something up for me too.
I can now add them to my database and remove them from the keyboard.
I basically use the direct play function for my database and will eventually only load styles that I use extensively into the keyboard.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Am unsure what Paolo means regarding the styles I require from original purchase of keyboard.

Ronnie Rolling Eyes
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie

There are 3 FAVORITE STYLE banks that install with OS V2 by Media > Utility > Factory Restore command (these are the only non-factory banks)

But these 3 banks can be loaded separately by loading up Bonusware volume 27 found here:-
http://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/
Select PA4X and you'll see all the bonusware styles - #27 is the one you want

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: