Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer Memory Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Memory Question Reply with quote

I usually load performance set lists in sequencer mode with 35 - 40 songs using about 3.8MB. This morning I loaded 37 songs at that got to 2.2 MB. When I tried to load the next sequence I got a "not enough memory" message on the screen. So I loaded a previous set list that was 3.8MB without problem. Anyone have any ideas about what would cause this?

Thanks for responses.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 627 Parameter guide.
Sequencer: Page Menu Commands
Sequencer: Page Menu Commands Memory Status
Memory Status
If you select “Memory Status,” the remaining amount of sequencer memory will be displayed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you load all your intended songs and get a “not enough memory” message, get into the sequencer drop down menu for memory status. If Memory status does not show sequencer being full enough to reject a few more songs, then maybe you should check memory anywhere else you can.

I would check in Global how much RAM i have free. The sample management page shows that at top of screen. Parameter guide mentions to be sure to save audio tracks to disk because they can only be recorded and played from there. So why is RAM even an option?

Also in Disk mode i would check My disk space. Media Info page shows that.

I cannot recall exactly what part of sequencer it is because i have never maxed out sequencer, but i did read about special sequencer space used for certain types of data ,the space being limited and easily filled.
Either way, sequencer is limited to holding only so many audio and midi events.
Page 514 parameter guide.
~~~~ Hard disk recorder section
• You can use up to 300,000 audio events (or 400,000 MIDI events), up to 200 songs, and up to 999 measures per song.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not easy to keep count of how many events used per song, but i guess combined audio and midi events can add up and they only have so much alloted disk space to work with. I have doubts that you have maxed out at just 40 songs though...
I think you are more likely to hit the control data limit before anything else.

I am not sure and feel like i am poking around in the dark, but this would be the process of elimination i would look into to track down where the load is maxing out at.
“Memory status” -Sequencer Menu command ,is the first thing to check anytime you het a memory limit message in sequencer.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Sequencer Memory Question Reply with quote

JPROBERTLA wrote:
I This morning I loaded 37 songs at that got to 2.2 MB. Anyone have any ideas about what would cause this?

Thanks for responses.

To add to 19naia's post, wild guess that you are using 'engines' in your 37 song list that are 'reserving ' memory on you.

another guess, is to limit the key range of SGX2 pianos. For example, if you are occupying 88 keys, but only need 44, edit keyboard range.

I am in the process of solving my Kronos polyphony recording problems by adding another keyboard and learning cubase. I am not a 1 man band or ensemble performer.
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I am not sure why it stopped me twice at 2.2MB but when I turned if on the next day I was able to load a 3.2 MB sequencer file (?) Must have been a isolated glitch, but I learned how to find out the status and take steps to reduce CPU use and increase polyphony.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: