Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

minilogue panel bugs: Load Panel only in "Jump" kn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antipodea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: minilogue panel bugs: Load Panel only in "Jump" kn Reply with quote

Hi folks - I just picked up a Minilogue and have been enjoying the directness of the UI a lot - it takes me back to getting my hands on the Mono/Poly in the school electronic music lab, back in 1985... good times.

I did notice though that the SHIFT+PLAY load panel function does not actually work unless you have your Knob Mode set to Jump. I prefer Catch mode and was really confused because some settings (the switches, I think) get read when you load the panel, but the knobs definitely do not. An easy way to show this clearly is to:
- set knobs to Jump mode; do Load Panel
- turn all mixer sources to zero, make a self-oscillating filter patch;
- set knobs back to Catch, load preset 1 (lots of sawtooth)
- Load Panel. Hmm, the oscillators are still coming through the mixer. :^/

I'm surprised this got past testing; I found it within an hour or so, and surely the preset sound designers must have hit it as well; the issue is still present in the latest available firmware. [1.23]

Also it seems that the EG envelope Sustain knob is sampled at note trigger rather than continuously like Amp EG's Sustain. So if you hold a note and want to fine tune the sound, you can adjust the level of your note, but not the EG modulation of your filter or wave shape.

This is the first synth where I've really wished I could build the firmware myself... fixing these issues would be my first wish, but adding Novation BSII-style up/down/original indicators for knob tweaking in Catch mode would be a great enhancement to the UI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: