Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't save Combi with Drum Track button turned on
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The possibility i considered is something that can happen with more than one alternate control assigned to Drum track on/off.
I just gave foot switch as a place to look at because it assigns readily to drum track on/off and i had the same problem going with JS-y being the received message even when JS was center, even after saving the combi as JS center and leaving the combi and coming back. Same issue of combi not saving in the state i wanted.
Yours just happens to be drum track on/off rather than JS center/-y.
I just so happened to have mine caused by foot switch and related to the polarity flip that redefined my pedal resting state message.

Assuming my idea is the cause, the message could practically be coming from any number of controls that put out the CC message for drum track off.
I had JS set to where i wanted it and still it was ignored and the errant foot switch message was taken instead of JS message. So there still could possibly be some other control taking over and causing midi message from drum track button to be ignored in place of a polarized message set to control drum track off. I would be sure to turn to “off” all asignables on the controllers page to be sure none of them are sending errant CC’s. Karma could be sending some too but i would not know where to start in Karma without studying up more.
I like topics like this that end up turning me into learning more than i could offer in help.

I am not going to dig in any further on what should be done because i have no sure solution, just reasonable ideas amid being just as stumped in what could turn out to be a system bug/glitch in the end. I still have one unsolved issue in a particular combi of mine. I moved on to different combis without the issue following me there as long as i do not use the same layered set of programs in any new combi.. And i am avoiding quick kayer function just in case that was the cause. Maybe a bug as i am inclned to think but will not be surprised if it is something too deep in the setup for me to catch on to.

Good luck and thanks for the brain teaser. I learn something here too.
musicbysterling

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now totally get what you meant by the "one more action" statement. I didn't really think how smart that is. So far, I can successfully start the Drum Track either by simply engaging the button or by pressing my lowest key. Now, I'm going to step away from all that and actually practice!
Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: