Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Korg pedals are compatible with Kronos' pedal jacks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
studio460

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Which Korg pedals are compatible with Kronos' pedal jacks? Reply with quote

From the damper-pedal thread you may have read that I was plugging in my Roland DP10 in the wrong hole! But I got my Korg DS1H pedal today and it works great! I was wondering which other pedals are compatible with the "switch" and "pedal" jacks?

Here are the Korg pedals I could find:

• Korg DS1H damper-pedal.
• Korg EXP-2 expression pedal.
• Korg XVP20 stereo volume and expression pedal.
• Korg PS-1 pedal switch.
• Korg PS-2 double momentary switch (not necessary with DS1H).
• Korg PS-3 single momentary switch.

The EXP-2 looks pretty nice. What does everyone use the EXP-2/XVP20 pedals for? The PS-3 is a really cheap pedal switch which looks exactly like the Roland DP-1 I had decades ago. For pedal switches, the PS-1, ProLine, and Boss switches look decent (all momentary/non-latching). Are there other third-party expression/pedal-switches that anyone else prefers? Is there any operation where a latching pedal is needed/preferred?

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Korg pedals are compatible with Kronos' pedal jack Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
From the damper-pedal thread you may have read that I was plugging in my Roland DP10 in the wrong hole! But I got my Korg DS1H pedal today and it works great! I was wondering which other pedals are compatible with the "switch" and "pedal" jacks?

Here are the Korg pedals I could find:

• Korg DS1H damper-pedal.
• Korg EXP-2 expression pedal.
• Korg XVP20 stereo volume and expression pedal.
• Korg PS-1 pedal switch.
• Korg PS-2 double momentary switch (not necessary with DS1H).
• Korg PS-3 single momentary switch.

The EXP-2 looks pretty nice. What does everyone use the EXP-2/XVP20 pedals for? The PS-3 is a really cheap pedal switch which looks exactly like the Roland DP-1 I had decades ago. For pedal switches, the PS-1, ProLine, and Boss switches look decent (all momentary/non-latching). Are there other third-party expression/pedal-switches that anyone else prefers? Is there any operation where a latching pedal is needed/preferred?

The Korg damper/sustain pedal makes sense as a specialized pedal. There is tight integration between the SGX piano engine and standard cc messages.

You don't have to waste money on the other pedal/switch types. Your old school midi pedals do the job, for expression, switching programs, etc.
studio460

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Greg. The only pedals I have are four Roland DP10s (plus my new Korg DS1H). I don't own any pedal-switches. My Roland DP1 is long gone. Probably threw it out with my Roland S10 sampler.

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Korg PS-3 on Monday.
I bought my kronos with free Proline Damper and switch included. They were an unknown disappointment right from day one and i never realized it until the damper pedal went erratic so i bought a Korg DS1H.
When i plugged DS1H in and went to Berlin Grand, i soon realized why Berlin Grand seemed so dull when i first set my Kronos up new out of the box.
Cheap Sustain had been giving me a cheap and unsteady sustain. Eventually it became extremely erratic, but from day one brand new it has the first seeds of the erratic future that comes quick.

I made it past a year with the Proline foot switch but it too got erratic and the polarity flipped on me. It has a polarity switch and some how that stopped working and it settled on opposite of “korg standard”polarity.
Ordered the PS-3 as my only option in the country i am staying in right now, and after a 1 week delay i have it.

Right now, i only know what Proline taught me and that is to Never stick Proline up my Kronos rear. If i cannot get anything better than Proline, it means time to sell kronos and learn bongo drums.
I will only stick Korg pedals in my hole back there, just to be sure i get the best play response. I have a classic Yamaha foot switch that is a metal tank as most people know. I keep that as emergency backup for kronos but only while i would wait for a replacement order of my korg pedal. I actually use the Yamaha now as a start stop switch for my Boss DR880 and the DR880 sends that message to my kronos to stop Karma in Combi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: