Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remapping pads via Editor Librarian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnTheRopes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Remapping pads via Editor Librarian Reply with quote

Hi
I am completely new to padKontrol and in fact anything midi. I have searched for an answer so hope Im not repeating old issues.

I am using padKontrol for finger drumming in EZDrummer and Reaper

I did have the padKontrol working but have since changed scenes and gone back to 501 and now there is no sound.

Prior to that I was trying to use the Editor Librarian to swap to another preset I found here http://www.xpresspads.com/finger-drumming-presets-and-layouts/hardware-presets/hardware-presets-for-korg-padkontrol/

I followed Korg instructions here http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/padKontrol%20FAQs_633656795418010000.pdf

but when it says 5. For your MIDI In selection, choose padKONTROL – PORT A. For MIDI Out, padKONTROL –
CTRL.
I have no such Port A or CTRL options, just padKontrol as an option in the dropdown box.

So when I have finished and go to transmit or recieve I get the error "Midi device not specified. ?

Thanks for your patience
OnTheRopes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 views and nobody has any suggestions?

Well I made a little progress by deleting all the false Korg drivers it had installed and re-installing again.
Now I can select padKONTROL – PORT A & padKONTROL –
CTRL.
I have sound from the pads to ezdrummer in Reaper and can record but I still am unable to Receive or Transmit using the Editor Librarian and still get the same error messages
awol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnTheRopes wrote:
but I still am unable to Receive or Transmit using the Editor Librarian and still get the same error messages

In the Editor Librarian, did you configure the MIDI ports in MIDI menu -> Preferences?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: