Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three questions about PA700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gotwald

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Three questions about PA700 Reply with quote

I am a new owner of PA700 for several months, and I am happy with it. Sounds, nice styles, beautiful screen, global management, keyboard, aesthetic appearance, speakers, everything is quite good (for a keyboard of this price). But the user manual is quite dense, not very friendly, and I have several doubts that I cant solve. Maybe some Korg expert can help:
1. When recording in mp3, the final recording is at a very low volume. I would have to put the master volume knob to the maximum to get a some more decent level, but in that case my ears will suffer from the high volume. Is it possible to regulate the recording volume independently? How to get mp3 files of a normal volume level?
2. Loading styles from usb, it seems that by default PA 700 places them from the first cell of the target bank even if it is occupied. Is it possible for PA700 to place them only in empty cells of that user bank? And when an user bank is full with styles, is it possible to sort them alphabetically? It would be much easier when searching for a specific style within the pages of that bank.
3. Yamaha registrations do not exist in Korg, and I do not see a way to do something similar, for example something like this: 1st registration, the variation 1 of a style; 2nd registration, the same variation but canceling drums; 3rd registration, the introduction of that style; 4th registration, the 1st variation of another style; 5th registration, change the upper 1; 6th registration, a pad sounds, etc.
Maybe it could be done with the songbook, but it does not seem easy. I don’t know if the procedure would be to make a new entry in the songbook for each registration, so on up to 8 or 10 entries, and when playing go from entry to entry as if it were from song to song. By doing so, changes from registration to registration perhaps will be noted, maybe they are audible and not fluid.
I would like to know some opinion on these issues.
Thanks, and best regards[/u]
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does record at a low volume, but you should find that for mp3 format songs Assignable Knob 2 is a volume control for the mp3 file.

I am not aware that the recording level can be adjusted other than by going into the volume tab and increasing all the appropriate sliders.

An alternative would be to take your mp3 file and use a programme like Audacity to increase the levels.

I am not aware that this can be done.

Style editing is cumbersome and a pain, when I asked the Korg Rep he said use Songbook Editor to modify the Styles, I have not tried it as yet.
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. When recording in mp3, the final recording is at a very low volume. I would have to put the master volume knob to the maximum to get a some more decent level, but in that case my ears will suffer from the high volume. Is it possible to regulate the recording volume independently? How to get mp3 files of a normal volume level?

Could be that the mp3 setting is set too low in settings.. Press Global -> Audio & Video -> MP3 Player _> set up to max of 100...

2. Loading styles from usb, it seems that by default PA 700 places them from the first cell of the target bank even if it is occupied. Is it possible for PA700 to place them only in empty cells of that user bank? And when an user bank is full with styles, is it possible to sort them alphabetically? It would be much easier when searching for a specific style within the pages of that bank.

This is how the pa system works so not as far I'm aware, as previously stated post. You would need to drill down and load individual style to any slot that you want them in. You can even overwrite any style. You could actually play them or copy them via Direct Access on usb to the locations that you want them to be.. You can even copy the Bank into the pa Disk through the copy function and then play them via DA from there... You could then save the Banks you created to usb. You can even then delete them in bulk in each user and start again sorting more style to save in User Banks

3. Yamaha registrations do not exist in Korg, and I do not see a way to do something similar, for example something like this: 1st registration, the variation 1 of a style; 2nd registration, the same variation but canceling drums; 3rd registration, the introduction of that style; 4th registration, the 1st variation of another style; 5th registration, change the upper 1; 6th registration, a pad sounds, etc

Use Songbook... Create two identical song entries but name them song1 and song2. You can then alter the parameters on each song to suit so creating 8 Registrations as on Yamaha keyboards... Open Songbook and use both entries as required. They will be seamless providing you don't alter the tempos on them.. Try it!

Hope thats some help..

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: