Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program - Indian Mandolin-trill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Program - Indian Mandolin-trill Reply with quote

Created another program to assist user play mandolin trills easily. try to play repeated note
oscillator two is activated on keyoff.

Please try and let me know how it sounds

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vt8qcz4zcmoafd/vkmandolin.PCG?dl=0
manishthatte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Program - Indian Mandolin-trill Reply with quote

Vkhandelwal wrote:
Created another program to assist user play mandolin trills easily. try to play repeated note
oscillator two is activated on keyoff.

Please try and let me know how it sounds

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vt8qcz4zcmoafd/vkmandolin.PCG?dl=0

Will definitely try it out.
BTW, I was trying to find Indian Tabla drum kits. None are available, even for purchase.
Any tips?
I'd like to have all the taals and their variations.
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have swartrax which has tabla multisamples. you can try those
pete.m

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried your latest program, and it sounds good to me. I must say that I preferred the sound when I removed most of the reverb, though.

Thanks for sharing it.
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
I've tried your latest program, and it sounds good to me. I must say that I preferred the sound when I removed most of the reverb, though.

Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks Pete !
delay and reverb were used heavily in the old indian songs( or may be thr ones which I play).
your constructive feedback is very helpful. I will add a knob to control the level of effects so that it can be adjusted according to song.
manishthatte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Presonus - Pure India package Reply with quote

Vkhandelwal wrote:

I found this: https://shop.presonus.com/products/software/Studio-One-3-Loops/EarthMoments/EarthMoments-Pure-India-prods-1/EarthMoments-Pure-India

Has anyone ever used those?
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Presonus - Pure India package Reply with quote

manishthatte wrote:
Vkhandelwal wrote:

I found this: https://shop.presonus.com/products/software/Studio-One-3-Loops/EarthMoments/EarthMoments-Pure-India-prods-1/EarthMoments-Pure-India

looks like those are loops. are you looking for loops or samples?
manishthatte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Presonus - Pure India package Reply with quote

Vkhandelwal wrote:
manishthatte wrote:
Vkhandelwal wrote:

Hi Vkhandelwal,
Thanks for the info. But I am confused. Please send me more details and a direct link as to what to buy on the swartrax website.
Best Regards,
Manish
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Presonus - Pure India package Reply with quote

manishthatte wrote:
Vkhandelwal wrote:
manishthatte wrote:
Vkhandelwal wrote:

Hi Vkhandelwal,
Thanks for the info. But I am confused. Please send me more details and a direct link as to what to buy on the swartrax website.
Best Regards,
Manish

Manish,
if you want to add tabla , dholak and other indian instruments such as veena, harmonium ,santoor etc.. you need to add samples in your keyboard ( free samples or commercial ). the product I was referring to is commercial and comes in AKAI and SF2 format which is supported by kronons . you just need to download post purchase and export all or selected instrument SF2 files using the disk utility of kronos.
the link of product is
http://www.swarsystems.com/SwarTrax/

you can buy and then get the download in SF2 format. you also get 2000 midi loops which can be used with these samples for Indian beat(taal) or melodic loop.
However frankly speaking the product quality is not that great and alot of tweaking might be required. but at the same time not many options are available if you want to load something on your keyboard directly, instead of going the computer+VST way.

Hope that helps

vikas
manishthatte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

Many thanks Vikas. Will do it.
manishthatte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Purchased swartrax Reply with quote

Purchased swartrax, now its downloading...
manishthatte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Seems working... Reply with quote

Updates:

Loaded the sf2 files into the kronos. Seems to be working now...
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Seems working... Reply with quote

manishthatte wrote:
Updates:

Cool!
let me know what do you think about those.
remember to add some effects and play with the parameters of HD1 program to tweak it according to your likings .
they could have released a pack for Korg but have restricted themselves for Yamaha only.
manishthatte

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Seems working... Reply with quote

Vkhandelwal wrote:
manishthatte wrote:
Updates:

Cool!
let me know what do you think about those.
remember to add some effects and play with the parameters of HD1 program to tweak it according to your likings .
they could have released a pack for Korg but have restricted themselves for Yamaha only.

Vikas,
I successfully imported all the indian sounds in bulk, no problem there. (Just made a ksc for that).
Now My problem is, how do I import all the taals (loops) in bulk. Individually, I can do it by loading each rhythm midi, then change the respective rendering instrument. And it works beautifully. But there are 2000 rhythms. Can't possibly do them all manually nah.
Best,
Manish
manishthatte

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Is some nice DAW an option? Reply with quote

I don't mind buying and using some nice DAW, if it takes the drudgery out of the task. Please suggest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: