Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Song Ok, but what about "Auto Combi" ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Auto Song Ok, but what about "Auto Combi" ?? Reply with quote

Hello,

I was looking for that :

You all know that we can enter directly Seq Mode from any Programs or Combis (just press and hold ENTER and press SEQ Rec/Write). Doing that, we are provided with the Program or Combi settings, and ready to record what we play on the keyboard.

But, what I want to do is the same thing from the Program Mode toward Combi Mode. I didn't find any command for doing that. I know the Menu Command in Combi Mode "Copy from Program" but this command is only about Effects, that's all.

So do you know if it's possible and how ?

Thanks a lot.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Song Ok, but what about "Auto Combi" ?? Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Hello,

But, what I want to do is the same thing from the Program Mode toward Combi Mode. I didn't find any command for doing that. I know the Menu Command in Combi Mode "Copy from Program" but this command is only about Effects, that's all.

So do you know if it's possible and how ?

Thanks a lot.

I have Copy from Program, in Combi mode. Works perfect.

If you are sure, your K is missing this function, post a photo or YT so we can see whats going on
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right, Greg. It works fine.
I didn't try it and just based on the Parameters Guide wich says : "It copies Effects and/or KARMA settings from a selected Program to the current Combination". It doesn't say it copies Program settings too. So it isn't so clear and I believed it copies only effects.

Well, thank you Greg.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Yes, you're right, Greg. It works fine.
I didn't try it and just based on the Parameters Guide wich says : "It copies Effects and/or KARMA settings from a selected Program to the current Combination". It doesn't say it copies Program settings too. So it isn't so clear and I believed it copies only effects.

Well, thank you Greg.

Karma and FX are not fixed to Programs and are practically stand-alone features available for routing in the performance modes. Karma routes over midi channels ,and FX routes over FX routing or bus ,and midi is involved in FX pages. You can assign Karma outside of kronos programs and route FX outside of programs, such as FX in audio page for sampling or audi tracks. FX even has its own processor allotment separate from what program uses.

So Karma and FX are ,in a way, separate from program. Thats why they are excluded with the option to incude them with a Program.

Progam is the entire suite of its parameter settings. So when you “copy from program”, it is copying over the “Program”. Settings make up the program and that is what the program is. Otherwise it is just a sample or tone generated with no life programmed into it.

When you get to combi, combi allows you to bypass certain Program settings on all the sub pages of timbre parameters. You will see OSC tab and Pitch tab and more. They will have setting options like PRG(program) or other than PRG options. Also an option like “Use Program scale”.
It lets you filter out or leave in Program settings per the given parameters in Timbre parameters of a Combi.
If a program copies over without sounding the same, it can be missing Karma, FX or have combi timbre parameters set to bypass certain program parameters. Combi timbre has settings to turn off a Program OSC to cut a Program’s sound layer down. Combi layering gets so polyphony intensive that quicker and easier compromises can be made by shaving off an OSC in a program without having to switch to program mode to do it, just do it in combi timbre parameters.

But i think you are right that there is no way to quickly jump a program into Combi from program mode, like we can jump a program or combi into sequencer. But jumping to Sequencer is the same as combi except a whole lot more features than being in Combi.
Quick layer is a way to jump your program into a Combi. But i ignore it and count it out because i suspect it to be bugged out. Last time i used it to copy a quick layer of programs to Combi, i never solved the bug-like issues that have plagued the combi ever since and the bug is in the program itself so that i cannot even use the same set of programs in any combi layer , even without quick layer feature involved. I can use the programs alone or layered with other programs but not the set of programs i dialed into quick layer and copied to combi from there.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the quick split/layer in the latest OS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: