Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookymooo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Upgrade? Reply with quote

Hi
I enjoy the portability of my 73 key Kronos and would like to know if and how I can update it to include the sgx2 piano engine and the Berlin piano.

When I initially bought my Kronos in 2014 (new) it was upgraded to an "X" which, I think, included an additional hard drive.

I am however reluctant to lose combinations and set lists I have created in the process. Is there a way around this as I use this Kronos as my main keyboard on Multi Story tours/gigs accessing the sound design from our latest CD international release "Crimson Stone"
www.multistoryband.co.uk

Cheers Rob

Kronos 73X, Trinity Pro, W/Station EX, M1, CX3, Polysix, X5DR, Memotron, OB6, Nord Wave, Yamaha aN1x, Kawai MP8, Roland A90 (x2), Waldorf Blofeld, Roland JD-XA, Novation Impulse, Moog Voyager, Moog Taurus 3
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade? Reply with quote

Spookymooo wrote:
Hi
I enjoy the portability of my 73 key Kronos and would like to know if and how I can update it to include the sgx2 piano engine and the Berlin piano.

Not clear what OS your K is on.

The Berlin is part of the " New " Kronos Sound Pack " , which is not actually new, but its over 2 years old since it was released:

Korg is pleased to announce the "New KRONOS Sound Pack" for the current KRONOS users.

New KRONOS Sound Pack (normally $299, introductory price of $249)

The "New KRONOS Sound Pack" includes the following new KRONOS Sound Libraries, as featured in the new KRONOS:

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0

The ”New KRONOS Sound Pack" adds these fresh new sounds to the KRONOS and KRONOS X.

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/0129/
https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries

• EXs17 SGX-2 Berlin D Piano
Contents: Approximately 8.6GB of PCM samples, 16 Piano Types.

One of the three great pianos of the world, this legendary instrument from Berlin has been captured for the SGX‐2 sound engine. The KRONOS piano engine has always offered huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples, recorded for every key, with additional unique tools to customize the piano to your needs. Inheriting all of this SGX-1 functionality, the new enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano engine introduces the new Berlin Grand Piano, including 12 velocity zones, Sympathetic String Resonance and newly-recorded Una Corda (soft pedal - literally "one-string")
The EXs17 Berlin Grand Piano offers resonant piano sound with striking sense of depth.

• EXs18 KORG EXs Collections
Contents: Approximately 900MB of PCM samples, 93 Multisamples (42 stereo)

EXs18 contains a selection of string, choir and brass sounds from the three KORG EXs titles listed below.
・ EXs11 Legendary Strings
・ EXs15 Classical and Ambient Choir
・ EXs16 Funk and Soul Brass

• KRS-07 Sound Pack 3.0
Contents: 256 Programs, 32 Combinations, 13 Wavesequences, 1 Set List

KRS-07 provides new Programs which use the samples from EXs17 and EXs18. Additional Song Programs are named for the classic rock and pop songs whose signature keyboard sounds these programs recreate. Use these universally well-known sounds to pay homage to the originals, or as the basis for personal sonic explorations.
Spookymooo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Greg,
The last time I downloaded the CX3 upgrade, it played havoc with my existing progs, combis and set lists.
How can I protect the combis etc that I have created while downloading new libraries?

Cheers Rob

Kronos 73X, Trinity Pro, W/Station EX, M1, CX3, Polysix, X5DR, Memotron, OB6, Nord Wave, Yamaha aN1x, Kawai MP8, Roland A90 (x2), Waldorf Blofeld, Roland JD-XA, Novation Impulse, Moog Voyager, Moog Taurus 3
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Spookymooo wrote:
Thanks Greg,
The last time I downloaded the CX3 upgrade, it played havoc with my existing progs, combis and set lists.
How can I protect the combis etc that I have created while downloading new libraries?

Cheers Rob

Backup everything to removable media before you upgrade. Load new libraries selectively- do not use the default locations. Sample libraries NEED to be loaded, but PCGs do not, unless you want those new sounds. I believe the documentation that comes with the download describes the process. If not, look for a YouTube video.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Spookymooo wrote:
Thanks Greg,

Cheers Rob

Backup everything to removable media before you upgrade. Load new libraries selectively- do not use the default locations. Sample libraries NEED to be loaded, but PCGs do not, unless you want those new sounds. I believe the documentation that comes with the download describes the process. If not, look for a YouTube video.

This might help

https://youtu.be/Y-QtAyf98nQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: