Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Librarian/Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookymooo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Librarian/Editor Reply with quote

Is there a Librarian/Editor dedicated to the Kronos out there?
In the same way that there were ones for the older synths.
Cheers
Rob

Kronos 73X, Trinity Pro, W/Station EX, M1, CX3, Polysix, X5DR, Memotron, OB6, Nord Wave, Yamaha aN1x, Kawai MP8, Roland A90 (x2), Waldorf Blofeld, Roland JD-XA, Novation Impulse, Moog Voyager, Moog Taurus 3
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

You have PCGTools as the PCG librarian, and Korg’s own editor.

I am also writing a Java based librarian for the Kronos which is cross platform and will run on OS X and Linux as well as PC. I’ve posted details on progress in previous posts here.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Spookymooo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Re PCG tools, Librarian and Korg Editor ... are these resident on the Kronos itself or an app for Mac/Windows?
Cheers
Rob

Kronos 73X, Trinity Pro, W/Station EX, M1, CX3, Polysix, X5DR, Memotron, OB6, Nord Wave, Yamaha aN1x, Kawai MP8, Roland A90 (x2), Waldorf Blofeld, Roland JD-XA, Novation Impulse, Moog Voyager, Moog Taurus 3
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Kronos Remote App which allows you to manage your setlists REALTIME.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spookymooo wrote:
Thanks
Re PCG tools, Librarian and Korg Editor ... are these resident on the Kronos itself or an app for Mac/Windows?
Cheers
Rob

No, they are computer software. The Kronos has very good editing features via the touchscreen and control surface once you know were to look. I actually shy away from editor software unless I need them do to a very poor user interface (e.g. my FS1r).

But I always feel the need for a good librarian for organising files (why I started writing my own!)

You can find PCGTools here: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/

The Korg Editor is here: http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/424/2540/

Details of my kronos.factory librarian (still in development) are here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111540&highlight=

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
Spookymooo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Derek, you responses have been very helpful.
Having been used to the concept of transferring data by sys ex data and then editing and sorting, I need to re-understand how to manage my libraries and editing re the Kronos indifferent ways. I have read about using a DVD but with what drive? Are the USB ports for transferring data via usb memory sticks?
Cheers again
Rob

ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spookymooo wrote:
Many thanks Derek, you responses have been very helpful.
Having been used to the concept of transferring data by sys ex data and then editing and sorting, I need to re-understand how to manage my libraries and editing re the Kronos indifferent ways. I have read about using a DVD but with what drive? Are the USB ports for transferring data via usb memory sticks?
Cheers again
Rob

The USB ports support removeable drives- thumb, DVD, SD (with an adaptor). I don't think it supports DVD RW- and why bother? Thumb drives are the preferred method. Ian I believe there is a wired networking option too.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

DVD is only useful for restoring your Kronos from the restore DVDs.

As Ron says, use USB thumb drives for general data transfer.

Or the other option (more technical to set up) is to use a USB/Ehternet adapter (I use the apple one) to create a network connection between the Kronos and your computer (some people have also had success using the motherboard network port inside the Kronos, if you are prepared to go that route). With the network connection you can use FTP to transfer data.

PS: noticed you are from God's Green and Pleasant land Smile , whereabouts are you? I live in Cardigan area.

My Echoes Music Website
Spookymooo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Derek
I have several setlists that I rely on and these of course rely on combis that I have created from factory programs.
I have been considering buying a new mk2 88 but I enjoy the portability of the 73 (dont need the extra notes really)
So, the plan is to update my 73 (X) with the latest Korg soundest but I’m trying to find the best way to do this without losing my setlists and related data. (Having updated the CX3 soundset sometime ago which seemed to upset the existing relationships between progs, combis, drumtracks and Karma sequences... I must avoid the same thing happening again)
Cheers Rob. (Chepstow area)

ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spookymooo wrote:
Thanks Derek
I have several setlists that I rely on and these of course rely on combis that I have created from factory programs.
I have been considering buying a new mk2 88 but I enjoy the portability of the 73 (dont need the extra notes really)
So, the plan is to update my 73 (X) with the latest Korg soundest but I’m trying to find the best way to do this without losing my setlists and related data. (Having updated the CX3 soundset sometime ago which seemed to upset the existing relationships between progs, combis, drumtracks and Karma sequences... I must avoid the same thing happening again)
Cheers Rob. (Chepstow area)

Watch this video

https://youtu.be/Y-QtAyf98nQ

Some good info here. I think the main point here is not to "load" the new PCG when installing the sound sets. Instead open the PCG and find the bank of programs and or combinations that you want and then load them into specific banks, preferably the ones that are empty. You will need to load any sample data that comes with the upgrade, but you do not necessarily need to load any of the new programs and or combinations. And be sure to back everything up. You can always get your set lists out of a backed-up PCG file.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are currently several applications which all have their pros and cons.
For PCG Tools, see the link in my signature.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: