Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merge Setlists from two different Kronos’

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm-pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Merge Setlists from two different Kronos’ Reply with quote

I am trying to get some setlist entries from one Kronos to another. Is there an easy way to merge and edit setlists that exist on two different machines?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe copy the PCG of one disk mode to the other disk mode and then load the set list files by themsleves into the other.
This works as long as your Combi, Song and Program content are all the same in both Kronos. Or if the setlist content being ported over is not specific Song, combi or Program oriented. Maybe just EQ settings, set list notes, color-code and such details.

Two identically stocked Kronos(hardware, software and file content) should be able to exchange files and their edited versions.

Better options may exist over computer and editor software but i cannot offer any details about that.
mm-pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that will overwrite the other setlist. What I need is a way to selectively merge two setlist archives.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like PCGrid to compare PCG files. You could also use Onksor to edit setlists.
mm-pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never loaded Onksor. I will give it a go. Thanks!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
I believe that will overwrite the other setlist. What I need is a way to selectively merge two setlist archives.

Ok. I see now.
A mix of content from both kronos’ setlists merged into one.

So setlist files in Disk mode does not allow you to select individual or a multiselect few slot files only, for loading to overwrite only the slot being loaded to?
Thats how it works with programs, combi's and songs. Hmmm, maybe setlist was not made to work the same way.

Edit for update....

So i checked disk mode and setlist files can be loaded per slot or by multiselect group of slots. You should be able to take a USB drive and save one Kronos PCG to it and then insert the USB drive into the other and get the content to show up in disk mode of the other Kronos. Thats where you can then pick and choose from set list file what slots to load and where to load them.
You can mix content from several setlists across several PCG files into one load. Right down to each slot in a given setlist.

If you want to mix content within a slot to merge with content in another slot or in another PCG, then maybe that is an issue unless there is computer software to get that deep into editing between slots.

You can merge entire Setlists or individual slots between two Kronos, using just External USB to port files from one to the other, and then using disk mode features.
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use PCGTools http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Open PCG files from both Kronos and copy/paste to merge setlist slots.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With PCG Tools you can select exactly which set list slots you want to be copied. Also you can easily move/sort them afterwards.

In case you want to use set list (slots) from another PCG file, it will copy also the used combis and programs.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mm-pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I did that and it worked great. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: