Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to manage a break

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: How to manage a break Reply with quote

Can anyone give me some hints/tips on how to manage a complete break during playing a style. For instance, in the standard "I get a kick out of you" there is a break just before those words in the lyrics.
Is it possible to program the break feature to introduce a silent pause for a specific number of beats? Any other solutions - the obvious may well be staring me in the face !
jpires

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: break Reply with quote

If I understand you correct you can create a variation without whatever instrument you don't want, but you have to change it with your finger
or in my case I use Ec5 pedal to change it. I do that all the time.
JP
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony, maybe edit the Break in the style to suit and save as a custom style?
Not sure if I understood correctly.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two options:
1) You can program the break for that style to be a hit that matches that and trigger it when you get to that part of the song. You can either trigger it by hitting the break button or else you can set it to be triggered by velocity. (You can find that setting in Global>Mode Preferences> Style 2 > set Velocity Control to Break and the value to something usable for you (about 110-115 should work).

2) You can turn synchro start and synchro stop on for just that section.
TonyR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:
Two options:
1) You can program the break for that style to be a hit that matches that and trigger it when you get to that part of the song. You can either trigger it by hitting the break button or else you can set it to be triggered by velocity. (You can find that setting in Global>Mode Preferences> Style 2 > set Velocity Control to Break and the value to something usable for you (about 110-115 should work).

2) You can turn synchro start and synchro stop on for just that section.

Thanks for that. I found the velocity option a couple of days ago and, although not perfect, it pretty much lets me do what I want to do. I found the default 95 velocity setting a little too hard and have been experimenting around the 80/85 level with some success.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if there is a break before the part you mention,but i also didn't understand how long you want the break to last.

-You want it in time On Beat or Off Beat?

If for example you play in 4/4 and you want a small break of 2/4,then export your Br in a daw ,chance it from 4/4 to 2/4 and you will have a break with two bars,right?
Now you can play the whole break like 4/4,or play only the half and then press any variation to jump to,or you can press it again so you play a break of 6/4 or 8/4.

-If you just need a pause,i would suggest just use synchro Stop button.

-Another trick if you don't want to use another signature,is to create in Br another Cv and use it whenever you want by using a specific chord e.x (5+1)

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: