Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sun glare on display korg kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElevenPhingahz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: sun glare on display korg kronos Reply with quote

How have you reduced or eliminated sun glare on outside gigs? I just played a concert in the park today and my hand was hovering the whole time, it was a guessing game on where the patch was in the setlist.
Thanks
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Mexico we wear giant Sombreros, or giant sun brims that hang about two feet out from the forehead.... or less if you need. Laughing

As soon as you lean forward to look at the screen with your sombrero on, the sun gets shaded out. May not be the right performance look -but i find chewing a peice of long-grass helps draw focus away from how huge the hat is.

There is an iPad kronos app that lets you do program, combi and setlist selections from the iPad screen. The iPad screen can be set on a stand or fastened to an adjustable arm and oriented away from sun glare. But using iPad is a big leap if you do not happen to already have one.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue this last weekend. We played outdoors just before sunset. I'm curious to see what others have done. I'm guessing that next time a good pair of polarized sunglasses may help.

And amazing how much dust shows up in the sun, eh? Shocked
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a sort of shield out of thin particle board that fits over the display to block out light from the front, top, and sides...send me an email address by PM and I'll send you a photo...

df
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple quick tips that might help, in sunlight and in the dark --

1) You can edit the Set List slot to display the song name in large letters. Edit comment to type in the song name, edit Font to choose XL size.

2) If you color the Set List slots, use a personal standard to tell the combi/prog type at a glance. The dominant sound for the combi determines the color type:

brown = electric piano
dark red = orchestral
light red = synthy 80s type
dark green = organs
dark gray = acoustic piano
blue = popular songs
holdsg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same issue with outdoor gigs in the summer. You do the best you can, hopefully you remember where most of your key setlist slots are.

I do play a 2-tiered rig, with Kronos on the bottom, sometimes you get some shade from the top keyboard.

Other than that, and one more important tip, you can't always avoid this, but if your Kronos is sitting out in the hot sun for an extended period of time (unplayed) make sure to cover it with a cover, towel, drape of some sort to avoid overheating.
swarupmahapatra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use my polarized sunglasses when I play outdoors.

Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg PA900, Korg NanoPad 2, Roland BA 330
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a little shroud out of cardboard and held it down with duct tape. I works a bit but sometimes you just can't escape the sun.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make a shroud make sure that it is black. Or some dark color. If it is a light color it won't help at all. Also try to find an anti glare tablet screen protector, cut it to size and put it on the Kronos display. It does not affect the touch sensitivity. I have done both and it helps a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: