Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample saved with Loop, but i need no loop.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Sample saved with Loop, but i need no loop. Reply with quote

I made a sample and converted it to program and then use that Program in Combi.
I then assigned the sample to Auto load so it loads with my programs and combis.
I had loop on while i was creating the sample so that it ran continuosly while i dialed in on the right length and effects to use. But for performance in the combi, it doesn’t need Loop and i converted it to program forgetting loop was still enabled.
Now i have to go to sample mode everytime i boot up ,to disable loop when i want to play the combi using the sample converted to program.

I tried conversion to program again and writing the program with loop disabled. No write sample mode data option on sampe page, so i tried saving the PCG all over again but with loop disabled in Sample mode. Nothing worked.
I then went to the disk mode KSC files and saved that again with everything identical except for the loop being disabled. That failed too.

I did a sample setup with loop on and made a program and a PCG file but now i cannot get loop to default to off on boot up.

There has to be a way, because i remember Loop not being the default when i went in there to set all this up.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just disable the loop in all the mapped keys in your sampling screen and save it as a new kmp then load it back in. I do it all the time works for me.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loop function is sample's property and must be edited for every single sample that compile multisample !
Load Ram mode KSC file concerning those samples in clear mode , uncheck all samples "loop" boxes ,
save every edited sample in overwritting mode and finally save sampling data only , under the same name
and overwrite previous KSC and samples.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.
So no way except to start all over again.
I was avoiding that cause i have a really confusing sample save, plus multiple files and not even sure anymore which one is being loaded from for my program.

All of a sudden, manually turning loop off everytime i boot up does not seem so bad.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample saved with Loop, but i need no loop. Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
I then assigned the sample to Auto load ...

This means that you have created sampling data with your sample , so you have to edit only this Sample.KSC !!!

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sample saved with Loop, but i need no loop. Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
19naia wrote:
I then assigned the sample to Auto load ...

This means that you have created sampling data with your sample , so you have to edit only this Sample.KSC !!!

All i had was one sample in stereo pair spanning 1 octave with standard graded pitch.
I set loop to off, saved the same sample but with loop disabled (as i did before starting this topic), just sampling data with a new name in disk mode files. Then i added it to Auto load and did auto load from global mode.
But when the edited sample came on, it had loop on and the sampling mode loop edit page then had the loop-enable-box greyed out without the option to manually disable it like i used to. I worked it out though and all is as i need it.

I did not have to start over again from scratch. I only had to start by adding it to Auto load, saving global mode settings and then saving the whole PCG setup as a new PCG file.

Then i turned off Kronos and did a *REBOOT*. When it rebooted, all came up and my combi started off with NO Loop. Loop enable is now greyed out but at least no loop is the default action.

Everything worked out in the end but i am curious what the glitch or issue was when i did auto load from global.
Maybe after reboot, it cleared out sampling data that isn’t stored with the sample in the new KSC file i autoloaded. Is the loop enable data stored with the samples/user samples that get loaded through auto load?

From what i make of it, the loop enable data from my old auto loaded
samples was still in the system even after being overwritten by my new autoloaded sample with no loop. I removed the old sample from auto load and put the new one in and loop was still running despite loop enable option being greyed out after loading new edited sample.

What matters is Reboot fixed it and now loop enable box is greyed out while there is no looping active when i scroll to the combi.

ThAnKs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: