Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS EDITOR Queries.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VICTOR KENNEDY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: KRONOS EDITOR Queries. Reply with quote

Hello,

If there isn't a relevant board here on Korg forums, could somebody please point me to a forum that addresses Kronos Editor software. I've just joined up at the Sound Quest forums site trying to find details about the Kronos Editor for OSX that I've just started trying to use this morning.

The forum there seems to be very quiet and I can't see any Boards relating to the Kronos Editor.

I understand the basics of the editor, but I'm trying to know why the Bank/ Program etc tabs don't display the names of the sounds / banks / programs that I do in fact already have on my Kronos...they aren't reflected in the Editor on my MacBook.

When I go to those tabs in Editor, there are only a few sparsely populated lists to the right hand side...eg Standard Drums only displays about 3 listings such as Tuned Tom. This doesn't reflect the huge library resident in the Kronos.

Also when I click on a parameter / tab etc in Editor, it isn't automatically reflected in Kronos...I need to select it there also, which seems like double tasking.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation I've possibly overlooked, and any advice will be greatly appreciated.
iMAC OSX 10.11.3, 3.4 GHz i7, 12 GB Ram | MacBookPro OSX 10.10, 2.5Ghz, 16GB Ram | A+H Qu16 | ProTools 12.6 | Korg Kronos2 61 | MicroKorg | N.I. Komplete - Kontrol | Alesis DM10 | Avid Eleven Rack | Slate VMS One | Fender, Maton, Epiphone Guitars |Allen+Heath Qu-16 | Etc Etc...
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to first import the data from your Kronos. I have no clue if the editor looks the same in OSX but on my PC, I simply click on the Global button at the top, then on the Kronos transfer tab at the bottom right.

From there, import what you want clicking any Get from Kronos button. Then go back to another section of the editor clicking one of the button at the top.

Note that transfers of complete banks can take a few minutes. To see what is happening "MIDI-wise", I keep the Monitor window open (select it under Options in the menu).
studio460

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a demo where someone connected a particular brand of touchscreen to their Kronos' USB port, and though it worked, it was less than ideal (I think it was a Kronos demo I was watching—can't find it anymore).

Then I learned of the Korg editor and saw that YouTube demo of someone using it with a Windows 8 tablet—I had no idea it mirrored the Kronos' display—I thought it was a stand-alone editor. I happen to have a brand new touchscreen PC that would be perfect for running the Korg editor. I realize there's a bit of delay, but what a cool feature nevertheless! Downloading now, and will set it up in a few minutes!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

V-man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
You have to first import the data from your Kronos. I have no clue if the editor looks the same in OSX but on my PC, I simply click on the Global button at the top, then on the Kronos transfer tab at the bottom right.

From there, import what you want clicking any Get from Kronos button. Then go back to another section of the editor clicking one of the button at the top.

Note that transfers of complete banks can take a few minutes. To see what is happening "MIDI-wise", I keep the Monitor window open (select it under Options in the menu).

Hi, I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm new to the Kronos and have just installed the Kronos Editor. First time in use I could go to the Global page and syncronize my new Kronos to the editor thru the Transfer tab feature. But now, when I start the editor again, the Transfer tab down to the right in the Global page is gone! It is not there any more. Do you have any idea why this is and how to get this option back. Shocked
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-man wrote:
But now, when I start the editor again, the Transfer tab down to the right in the Global page is gone! It is not there any more. Do you have any idea why this is and how to get this option back. Shocked

Hi there,

This is certainly not normal, since the software should display that tab even if the Kronos is not connected. Reinstall the software to see if it solves the problem. Which OS do you use on your computer ?
V-man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
V-man wrote:
But now, when I start the editor again, the Transfer tab down to the right in the Global page is gone! It is not there any more. Do you have any idea why this is and how to get this option back. Shocked

Hi there,

This is certainly not normal, since the software should display that tab even if the Kronos is not connected. Reinstall the software to see if it solves the problem. Which OS do you use on your computer ?

Hi, first I uninstalled the editor and removed all saved data and restarded the PC. Then reinstalled it and the Transfer tab is still missing in the Global page. Strange! I'm running Win10 Pro version 1909. If I can't use this editor, do you know if there are any other tools that I can try? Most important is some kind of librarian functionality.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-man wrote:
Most important is some kind of librarian functionality.

Sorry to read it still doesn't work even after resinstall. That's the first time I read this. I suspect it could be linked to a recent W10 update.

In any case, you could also google and download the following freeware :

- PCG Tools (to rearrange progs/combis/etc)
- TidyKronos (to rearrange progs/combis/etc)
- Onksor (to edit setlists)

I use all of them along with the Kronos Editor.
wango

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
V-man wrote:
Most important is some kind of librarian functionality.

Sorry to read it still doesn't work even after resinstall. That's the first time I read this. I suspect it could be linked to a recent W10 update.

In any case, you could also google and download the following freeware :

- PCG Tools (to rearrange progs/combis/etc)
- TidyKronos (to rearrange progs/combis/etc)
- Onksor (to edit setlists)

I use all of them along with the Kronos Editor.

Does someone know which Editor version from the SoundQuest website is the
one that can be downloaded from Korg's website? Seen the price I don't think it's the Pro version. Thanks.

Best Regards
Ab
musicfan07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-man wrote:
KK wrote:

Hi there,

Hi, first I uninstalled the editor and removed all saved data and restarded the PC. Then reinstalled it and the Transfer tab is still missing in the Global page. Strange! I'm running Win10 Pro version 1909. If I can't use this editor, do you know if there are any other tools that I can try? Most important is some kind of librarian functionality.

V-man, I have attempted to create your issue with the Kronos 3.1 editor.
My windows version updated recently (nov 2020) to:
windows 10 home
versions 2004
os build 19041.685

new korg driver issued 12-10-20 (freshly installed and restarted windows)
Version:1.15 r41e
Date:2020.12.10

To create your issue I had to open up the editor without attached MIDI (just editor) and create a "newtryEmpty.SQS" and save.
Noticed the missing transfer tab at bottom. At this point you might be on a laptop monitor that might be hiding the tabs. Attempt to move the task bar from horizontal lower position to vertical right side and check visual.
Close editor.
Attach kronos B-USB to PC.
Bring up editor (midi ports recognized)
Open "newtryEmpty.SQS", if not already in editor.
Lower tabs are still missing and "kronos transfer" when in global tab.
Click on "Combi" tab. A dialog box appears stating you have no SYSEX data loaded. Click the "GET" button within dialog box.
The lower right Kronos Transfer tab appears (along with other lower tabs)
Now you can enter transfer tab and synch the editor.
Select "ALL" and "GET FROM KRONOS"

happy loading! When complete, save the SQS file (rename, etc)

When on laptop monitor, I always have had to move the horizontal task bar to vertical to work with the editor.
V-man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicfan07 wrote:
V-man wrote:
KK wrote:

Hi there,

V-man, I have attempted to create your issue with the Kronos 3.1 editor.
My windows version updated recently (nov 2020) to:
windows 10 home
versions 2004
os build 19041.685

new korg driver issued 12-10-20 (freshly installed and restarted windows)
Version:1.15 r41e
Date:2020.12.10

To create your issue I had to open up the editor without attached MIDI (just editor) and create a "newtryEmpty.SQS" and save.
Noticed the missing transfer tab at bottom. At this point you might be on a laptop monitor that might be hiding the tabs. Attempt to move the task bar from horizontal lower position to vertical right side and check visual.
Close editor.
Attach kronos B-USB to PC.
Bring up editor (midi ports recognized)
Open "newtryEmpty.SQS", if not already in editor.
Lower tabs are still missing and "kronos transfer" when in global tab.
Click on "Combi" tab. A dialog box appears stating you have no SYSEX data loaded. Click the "GET" button within dialog box.
The lower right Kronos Transfer tab appears (along with other lower tabs)
Now you can enter transfer tab and synch the editor.
Select "ALL" and "GET FROM KRONOS"

happy loading! When complete, save the SQS file (rename, etc)

When on laptop monitor, I always have had to move the horizontal task bar to vertical to work with the editor.

Great! Thank's! This fixed it all. Very Happy

...by the way, I can't get the audition feature to work. The manual say that if I set the preferences so it will play a chord or a phrase I should audition the program by doing a single mouse click on the program in the Bank editor, but I get no sound. Global channel on the Kronos is set to 16 and both SysEx channel and MIDI channel is set to 16 in the editor preferences manual comunication settings.
musicfan07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-man wrote:

...by the way, I can't get the audition feature to work. The manual say that if I set the preferences so it will play a chord or a phrase I should audition the program by doing a single mouse click on the program in the Bank editor, but I get no sound. Global channel on the Kronos is set to 16 and both SysEx channel and MIDI channel is set to 16 in the editor preferences manual comunication settings.

V-man, not sure what to tell you. I am no expert on the editor like all of our peers here on the forum. You made me curious, so I read the manual in the section you were having issues.

Pg 62, I able to switch from chord to sequence. On the PROG top menu button and lower "banks" tab, I am able to audition the sounds by preferences "chord" to "sequence" with no issues. My kronos was set to MIDI ch 1. The kronos editor, I am assuming, autosensed this. I had to not change anything in the "manual communication settings".

I then went to keyboard and changed MIDI ch 1 to 16. I went to the
"manual communication settings" and modified both to 16. I still got sound playing either the chord or sequence.

In addition, I could go to "Set List" and audition set lists bank sounds, by using the default "Right Mouse Button Audition (RMB)" on page 60. To activate sound, click a set list bank, from the slots tab and achieve focus then you hold down "ctrl" key and right mouse button. The longer you hold down the (RMB), the longer sustain you get from a note, etc.
No issues.
V-man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicfan07 wrote:
V-man wrote:

V-man, not sure what to tell you. I am no expert on the editor like all of our peers here on the forum. You made me curious, so I read the manual in the section you were having issues.

Pg 62, I able to switch from chord to sequence. On the PROG top menu button and lower "banks" tab, I am able to audition the sounds by preferences "chord" to "sequence" with no issues. My kronos was set to MIDI ch 1. The kronos editor, I am assuming, autosensed this. I had to not change anything in the "manual communication settings".

I then went to keyboard and changed MIDI ch 1 to 16. I went to the
"manual communication settings" and modified both to 16. I still got sound playing either the chord or sequence.

In addition, I could go to "Set List" and audition set lists bank sounds, by using the default "Right Mouse Button Audition (RMB)" on page 60. To activate sound, click a set list bank, from the slots tab and achieve focus then you hold down "ctrl" key and right mouse button. The longer you hold down the (RMB), the longer sustain you get from a note, etc.
No issues.

Hm, somehow it works now when I choose sequence play, but not if i choose note play. So this is good enough. But for me, if I go to the Banks tab where auditioning also should work, it works when I left click on an element in a bank, but there is some issue in the communication between the editor and the Kronos it self, because if I choose a different bank in the editor the Kronos does not simultaneously change to that bank. I need to manually switch the bank on the Kronos so it matches the selected bank in the editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: