Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 noise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epelstudio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: PA1000 noise Reply with quote

I bought PA1000 two months ago. Seems like every second or third day, I hear a buzzing noise from the speakers and all the buttons stop working. Restarting it resolves the issue until a couple days later. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a resolution for this?

Thanks,
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider saving all my work and then doing a factory reset. Who knows that may sort out the problem.... Media -> tab to Utility and Factory Restore button...

If that doesn't work then I would contact the Dealer you bought it from. Sounds like it could be an intermittent electrical component fault although I'm no expert and possibly wrong. Confused
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video the keyboard next time it has the buzz and send it to Korg and your supplier.

When you send them the video give them a time limit to offer a permanent solution.

If they do not resolve, return the keyboard for a full refund.
Chalith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Buzzing Noise Reply with quote

I bought Pa1000 on end of January and experienced the same problem exactly the same way within my first week (but it never happened again). Really don't know what the matter is. I also thought of taking a video next time. Sad
epelstudio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx so much for quick responding on my issues! There so many people with the same problems that mine, maybe someone has been resolved this somehow...? If you hear anything, pls give me a note, thx in advance again!Smile
Alex, NY USA
csamaan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: korg PA1000 NOISE AND HANGING Reply with quote

HI THERE I ALSO BOUGHT MY PA1000 2 MONTHS AGO AND ENCOUNTERED THIS SAME PROBLEM THE INSTRUMENT STOPS WORKING ALL OF A SUDDEN AND EMITS A STEADY BUZZ SOUND THAT CAN ONLY DISAPPEAR BY TURNING IT OFF AND ON AGAIN .PLEASE IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM OR HOW TO RESOLVE IT PLEASE LET US KNOW .THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 Reply with quote

Is this noise still sounding with the volume off ?
epelstudio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: PA1000 noise Reply with quote

Hello guys,
thx for the quick reaction to my little problems!Smile
After about 35 days of the noise from the speakers each 2nd day, all of a sudden no more noise... (surprise...). So, any ideas, how is that possible? If any of you have been experienced the same mysteries, pls let me know. thx.
Alex
angelitto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experienced the same issue. A big noise, even with distorsion. But if i press Shift+Stop, the noise will stop. At first i was scared and i thought my pa1000 is broken or something. But after some investigations i discovered that the fault was a Percution Kit and a Drum Kit with bad samples. The samples were not corectly imported into the corect category(bass drum, snare drum, or percution, etc) and were imported to SFX category (wich is wrong) and had loops, like the samples from sounds. After i removed the loops and saved the samples again, into the corect category, the noise was gone.
epelstudio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: PA1000 noise Reply with quote

Hi, Angelitto thx a lot for your sharing story in re to the noise. would you pls advise which particular drum set was wrong, maybe you could suggest how i can fix this drum set to resolve this noise problem permanently? Thx again in advance!
Alex
angelitto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a Drum Kit from a set that i loaded into pa1000. Not the factory ones.
epelstudio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject: PA1000 noise Reply with quote

Th u very math
Alex
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did the same day I got it from the music store ,I send the actual video to Korg, buzzing noise and unable to control anything ,I'm getting a replacement or repair ,.....
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did the same day I got it from the music store ,I send the actual video to Korg, buzzing noise and unable to control anything ,I'm getting a replacement or repair ,.....
angelitto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelitto wrote:
I experienced the same issue. A big noise, even with distorsion. But if i press Shift+Stop, the noise will stop. At first i was scared and i thought my pa1000 is broken or something. But after some investigations i discovered that the fault was a Percution Kit and a Drum Kit with bad samples. The samples were not corectly imported into the corect category(bass drum, snare drum, or percution, etc) and were imported to SFX category (wich is wrong) and had loops, like the samples from sounds. After i removed the loops and saved the samples again, into the corect category, the noise was gone.

After some more investigations it seems that the responsable for this mess is an efect called ”Decay”. I went to Sound, and i selected the Drum Kit with that error and i pressed menu/DrumKit. in there, I looked closely at every note and i saw that some of them had decay +63. So, i checked all notes and changed the high decay (if were the case) to max +20. After that i saved the drum Kits and it seems all is good now. No more strange noise when i select that drum Kit and play it in a style.
These new keyboards (pa700/pa1000)are more sensitive and acurate and we may need to make some tweaks for old sets to be played corectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: