Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutor required in central London

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulyV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Tutor required in central London Reply with quote

Hello there,

Firstly apologies if this post contravenes any forum rules. I am seeking someone I can pay to come and tutor me on my Korg Kronos in central London for an hour or two on a weekly basis for a few weeks to help me get to grips with a few things.

I have history in electronic instruments having owned many Roland synths such as classic Juno's, a D50, JD800 etc, as well as experience with Akai samplers and Cubase/Logic.

Loving my Kronos, but frankly I find the manual to be a pretty useless document and there are some basics I would like help grasping with the help of a paid tutor who can visit me. These would be:

Underlying concepts of Kronos and the control surface
Main global setup - saving/loading sounds etc.
Setting up as an audio interface
Operating and editing the sequencer
Patch setup / multi-timbrality
Operating the sampler

After some time with you over several weeks I really want to feel as if I understand the instrument and can lay down tracks on the sequencer with whatever sounds/samples I want, with the ability to edit the tracks at will.

I don't currently need to get as involved as the programming of each individual synthesis engine at this point. Just an overview of each.

I think you get the point - Being well into my 40's I am far more 'time-poor' than I used to be and pouring over the manual or online videos isn't something I have the time to do these days...funny how in my teens and twenties I used to be able to completely immerse myself in such things for days on end!

I am happy to work with you on an hourly rate that works for both of us. Also if I get more than one person getting in touch regards this then my apologies if I don't get to work with you.

Just a brief reply letting me know that the SE1 area would be okay to visit of an early evening (say 6.30pm onwards for an hour or two), and your experience or insight into the Kronos (mk1) would be helpful for me. It should not be too frustrating for the tutor - I understand the main concepts of workstations which have not changed but I need help with the way this Korg works.

Thanks for your time in reading.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't pop in on you weekly from Indiana, USA, but Here is a link for some on-line videos. This link is for #1. I think there are 6 videos. You'll see other videos listed you can "click" on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xkfi58w6Y
methusala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the UK north of you but would not make a useful tutor. I can though recommend these vids by Steve Macnally. He's the reason I bought my Oasys so long ago because I understood the calm way he took you throught the various aspects of the instrument. Also, you will find similar tutorial vids in more detail by Qui Robinez both on YouTube and in this particular forum

If you can muster up some self-discipline for the learning curve, you should hopefully be well on the way.

I expect only a few have mastered the full extent of this powerful instrument but you should be able to get at the rudimentaries.

I don't use the inboard sequencer but only Cubase; but I'm told (I haven't bought the K yet) you can have the K open up in Cubase as a VST instrument with just the USB connection. If you know your way round Cubase reasonably well, you'll probably be working in there more than in the K.

Good luck with your music.

Patrick
PaulyV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your comments - I had not seen these videos at all so will given them a try. It would be good to master the internal sequencer over a DAW-based system, as I gawp at a laptop for most of my work day.

Thanks again.

Pauly
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could maybe help via Skype if you are interested in that. DM me for more info.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: