Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using SampleRobot+Wave Robot software for your Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukesjourney

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Anyone using SampleRobot+Wave Robot software for your Kronos Reply with quote

This looks like wonderful software to sample and then export to the Korg Kronos.
I've only had my used Kronos for a few months and still learning my way around this wonderful keyboard, but I'd love to sample and load some of my synth patches from the VFX-SD, D50, Korg Odyssey, etc and use them with my Kronos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsctsb5kp4[/url]
tatun2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I use sample robot korg edition with excellent results. I sample mainly vst (kontakt and other soft synths). Once the job is done on my computer I get a kmp file that I load on the kronos, save and then I make a program.
This tutorial is for sampling vst's. It's very good:
http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/03/recording-virtual-instruments-with.html

I don't use wave robot. Just SR korg edition.
studio460

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it yet, but SampleRobot Korg Edition looks very interesting. I would like to "suck out" all of the sounds from the AU plug-in I just bought, UVI's Synth Anthology 2, and load them all into my Kronos' SSD someday.

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

dukesjourney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatun2010 wrote:
Hi, I use sample robot korg edition with excellent results. I sample mainly vst (kontakt and other soft synths). Once the job is done on my computer I get a kmp file that I load on the kronos, save and then I make a program.
http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/03/recording-virtual-instruments-with.html

Thank you for your reply and link.
I'm coming from a sampling my synths and vst's into my Emu Emulator II sampler background, and it's very time intensive to get the proper loop for pads, etc.
So, I discovered SampleRobot on YouTube and it looks like it does a lot of the work for us, which at this point of my musical creation is just what I need.
More time to write/record than looping 5 different samples across the board.
Thank you again, I'll report back once I've purchased and used this software.
mariohardleft99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatun2010 wrote:

Just bought SampleRobot Korg Edition, and my first mistake was thinking it exported PCG files. Oops! In any event, I'm able to take the ELEKTRON KMP file that comes with SampleRobot and load that successfully into my Kronos, make a program from it, etc. However, when I sample my own stuff into SR (like a VST or what have you), I'm able to load the samples into the Kronos but I don't hear anything!

When I'm in SR, I can hear via the little graphical keyboard that I've sampled my sounds correctly. And I"m loading them into the Kronos the same way as the demo ELECTRON ones...but they're not audible.

Any suggestions on this, guys? Thanks in advance for any help!
Oggfish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing i don`t understand is the recording of release-samples.

The SR manual states:

The Note/Release Tab (Sample)
Here you can make settings regarding the marker settings for a selected Sample. Keep in mind that this tab is only available when a sample in the Sample section is selected.

When i select a sample in the sample section, the proper Note/Release Tab on the right does not appear. In the project wizard i did set the first and last release length properly. I know SR recorded the additional 2 seconds for the release samples. In the project setting overview release-samples are set to off. I don`t know how to put it to ON. And i don`t understand why SR did not make separate wav release samples automatically.

Here is the SR image
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ee269630339eff6f138a03b7d02a42a120190129190407/2fc6bea1e772377759d42b29e9b95ddf20190129190407/6faedb
mikelees

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been using Sample Robot Multi-X for sampling a VST to Kronos this evening. Works very well - I hardly have to tweak the auto-looping it sets up. Kronos export works well. I've also used it to export to wav for sampling to Nord Stage.
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of this. what are your thoughts about usability? do you transfer directly from sample robot via USB or pen drive? from there is it pretty easy to create instruments on the kronos? something I want to do and this sounds like the right investment.
mikelees

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very usable. My normal workflow into Kronos is:
1. Export from Sample Robot in Korg Kronos (KMP) format on the computer. This creates a .ksc file and a directory with the same name containing the samples. Sample Robot truncates the name of the .ksc file to 8 characters, ending 000, so there are 5 useable characters. I name Sample Robot projects with deliberately short 5-character names so I can tell which ksc is which.
2. Transfer the .ksc file and the directory to a USB drive. Keep a mental note of the amount of data the computer said it transferred (e.g. 100Mbyte).
3. On the Kronos, in the Disk mode, Utility tab, copy the .ksc file and the directory (using multiple select) from the USB drive to a directory on the Kronos SSD.
4. In Disk mode, Load tab, load the .ksc file, using the "clear all" option.
5. In Disk mode, Save tab, chose Save Sampling Data, choosing the "Sampling Mode Data" and "All" options, and save a new _Userbank.ksc into the same directory on the Kronos SSD. Here, you can re-name the .ksc with a more useable name again.
6. In Global mode, KSC Auto-Load tab, add the _Userbank.ksc that I've just created to the list of ksc files to auto-load. The size of the ksc file to auto-load should be roughly the same size as the amount of data transferred in step 2 - this is how I check everything has gone OK up to this point.
7. Hit the "Do Auto-Load Now" button in the KSC Auto-Load tab. Takes a few minutes.
8. Create a new HD1 program with the Osc 1/2 pointing to the new sample ksc as required.

At the moment, I don't bother to delete the original ksc I transferred from USB, so that in the future if I need to combine multiple ksc files into a single _Userbank.ksc to speed up the startup I can do that. This might change if I get close to running out of SSD space on Kronos!
Oggfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oggfish wrote:
The thing i don`t understand is the recording of release-samples.

The SR manual states:

The Note/Release Tab (Sample)
Here you can make settings regarding the marker settings for a selected Sample. Keep in mind that this tab is only available when a sample in the Sample section is selected.

When i select a sample in the sample section, the proper Note/Release Tab on the right does not appear. In the project wizard i did set the first and last release length properly. I know SR recorded the additional 2 seconds for the release samples. In the project setting overview release-samples are set to off. I don`t know how to put it to ON. And i don`t understand why SR did not make separate wav release samples automatically.

Here is the SR image
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ee269630339eff6f138a03b7d02a42a120190129190407/2fc6bea1e772377759d42b29e9b95ddf20190129190407/6faedb

To answer my own question (just got mail from Christian). Release-samples are NOT supported yet in Sample Robot 6 Pro. They are working on it right now and probably will be implemented in the next update. Unfortunately i could not find this info anywhere else on the internet. Even the manual made it seem like release-samples where already working, but it doesn't. Thats why i was so confused..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: