Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assigning various notes to/playing a cord on a single key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmad_bass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Assigning various notes to/playing a cord on a single key Reply with quote

Is there a way to assign assorted note values (i.e. different chord voicing) to single keys?

i.e. assume, by way of example you wanted to play a ii7/v7b9#9/I in key of Bb. Is there a way that one could assign multiple cord tones to particular note so that the voicing's for each cord could be articulated by playing, say: just the roots of the ii7/v7b9#9/I progression?

I'm not looking for arpegiatio of the chord...just the ability to assign various note values to a single note and for the chord to be played when the specified note is articulated.

Best regards,
-pmad_bass
onsenonsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Assigning various notes to/playing a cord on a single ke Reply with quote

Impossible.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I know of is to create samples of each and load them into each of the sequencer pads
StefSax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy with a combination, no? Apply the same program to 3 or so tracks and adapt the pitch of each.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StefSax wrote:
Easy with a combination, no? Apply the same program to 3 or so tracks and adapt the pitch of each.

Can you post more details on how to achieve the ops requirements
castorex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can look at Arpegiator Edition... using several chords in a arp pattern... you can find example of melody and chord patterns in the documentation.
StefSax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
StefSax wrote:

Can you post more details on how to achieve the ops requirements

Hi - OK, let me clarify what I meant. Of course, I am not 100% I understand the problem so that may need to get clarified to me if my solution is not appropriate.

So, assuming you want to play major chords to keep it simple, always with same tone difference between notes 1, 3 and 5, you could have a combination with the same sound repeated in 3 different timbres, all set with MIDI channel 1G. You would transpose the 2nd timbre by a pitch of 4, and transpose the 3rd timbre by a pitch of 7. That allows you to press a single note and hear its major chord with effectively 3 notes playing.

That solution relies on always playing the same major or minor or variation so that intervals between the notes of a chord is fixed. Maybe that works for the need.

Cheers!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get where you are coming from.

Lets see if I have this right, not tried it myself yet so not even sure if you can do this at individual instrument level.

In a Kross a Program is a single musical instrument.

A Combination or Combi is just a layered series if Programs (instruments), there are already preset Combinations in the Korg or you can make your own.

In a Combination when a single note C is played all the instruments in the Combination play a C or a note related to the instruments natural tone etc.

So create the Combination then edit the pitch of the individual instruments to suit your requirements.

Save the Combination with a name that relates to the pitch variation and you are good to go.

Will have to try it myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: