Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos doesn't save Tone Adjustments in HD-1 Programs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mihai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Kronos doesn't save Tone Adjustments in HD-1 Programs? Reply with quote

Dear all,

In Program Mode your Tone Adjustment Values are saved when you write a EXi Program. However, when using HD-1 Banks, is seems that Tone Adjustment Values can not be saved, regardless of the parameter type (absolute or relative). I've read all parts of the Operation Guide and Parameter Guide related to this issue. They say 'Tone Adjust edits are saved in two different ways, depending on whether the parameter is Relative or Absolute.' For HD-1 Programs, this doesn't work for me.

Does anybody know is this is a limitation of Kronos (why would they limit that??) Is there is a way of writing Tone Adj values in HD-1 Programs?

Thank you in advance!
Best,
Mihai
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos doesn't save Tone Adjustments in HD-1 Programs? Reply with quote

mihai wrote:
when using HD-1 Banks, is seems that Tone Adjustment Values can not be saved

Yep , they are saved , for instance settings of HD1-SOUND/Amp/EQ Tab that are global for both OSCs , are saved just fine and
can be recalled in different Combinations without the obvious use of an EQ FX that is always a more detailed solution.
Of course I don't have to mention that you must write SOUND after editing , preferring a custom free position !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
mihai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, AntonySharmman. The parameters are saved, although are not saved as Tone Adjustments, but as Direct Parameter Adjustments (the values are written on the target parameters of these Tone Adj Knobs, and the Tone Adj Values) The Tone Adj themselves are reset to 0 when reloading the Program. Here a photo with 4 Tone Adj controlling the ADSR of the Amp EG1. After saving and reloading, the values were transmitted to the ADSR and the ToneAdj values were reset to 0.

So, is there a way of writing (saving) the Tone Adj THEMSELVES ?

The image is in this dropbox link, sorry I can not upload it here, I'm new on the forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n20ipgu3tty6vfq/saving-example.jpg?dl=0[/img]
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are temporary real time adjustments and normally they should not be saved , and I definitely do not want that !
If you want to edit SOUND Amp/EG/LFO , do it in the normal way from edit tabs Amp/EG/EQ etc ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
mihai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind!
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One purpose of Tone Adjust is so that you can make and save alterations to a timbre in a combi without affecting the base program. For example, one doesn't need to unnecessarily clutter up program slots with a dozen variations of a basic saw pad that is used in several different cover song combis. By using the Tone Adjust feature, you can simply make small tweaks to the base pad program and save them to the combi. The original pad program is unaltered. This is a valuable permanent solution, at least from a cover band combi perspective.

Having said that, I am able on my Kronos to make Tone Adjustments to HD1 programs, both standalone and from within combis. I went to a bass guitar HD1 program, changed its filter and resonance via Tone Adjust, saved, then went to another program then back to the saved bass program. It retained the changes. What operating system version are you on?
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am encountering this same issue,(getting Combi-specific tone changes to stick). My situation is I have a combi made from a song (really a sequence pattern made for the intro to “You Better You Bet”). I make edits in the combi, get the popcorn-ey sound I need, but on reload it’s gone again and reverted to,the original sound. I can’t seem to find the “song” to edit the tone there, so had hopes I could get there in the combi itself. Not so far.

Any suggestions? Thank You!
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am encountering this same issue,(getting Combi-specific tone changes to stick). My situation is I have a combi made from a song (really a sequence pattern made for the intro to “You Better You Bet”. I make edits in the combi, get the poppy sound I need, but on reload it’s gone. I can’t seem to find the “song” to edit the tone there, so had hopes I could get there in the combi itself. Not so far.

Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: