Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speaker bar for PA4x, or not?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aitchty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Speaker bar for PA4x, or not? Reply with quote

I am about to buy a PA4x and wonder if I should get it WITH the speaker bar, or buy a set of separate PA speakers and an amp. I will not be using it outside of my home, so I don't need high volumes. Any advice from fellow users would be greatly appreciated.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make a proper evaluation here more infomation is probably required....but from what you have said so far...if you don't need high volumes and intend to play at home then a PA set up is probably not what you will require and the korg PA4X dedicate speaker bar will do a good job for you, or if you want to take things further consider a pair of good quality powered studio monitors which will compliment the PA4X again and I would suggest you take the PA4X to the appropriate retailer to compare the results before you buy (MAXXAUDIO master EQ should be used on the PA4X).......rule of thumb here...you have spent good money on the PA4X so don't skimp on the sound system of choice...😊
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately PaaS is on the same virtual "shop shelf" as the Genos - STUPIDLY expensive!!!!!!
Quote:
you have spent good money on the PA4X so don't skimp on the sound system of choice.

+100
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
RC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a paas speaker . I used it on the 3x and now the 4x. I Use it mostly at home. I have played some small venues and it was more than enough for small jobs. The convenience of just putting it on and playing is a plus. Nothing else in your way. I find it very useful but you would have to make up your own mind. Just my opinion.
bud2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the PA4X soundbar is brillient as long as you set the MAXXAUDIO EQ to your taste, or look at some of the settings some people have suggested, if not what you like it is a good starting point. I see you live in Swansea, my dealer is in Leicester and is excellent and will give you loads of help, support and deliver and set it all up for you.
Bill
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound quality is very good and you're right in the middle of the sound because of the clever way it is positioned.
I like the compact setup (I'm a home player only) and no need for extra cables in my living room.
So for me it's just perfect, but it IS quite expensive.
I've also used it with my PA3X (and now PA4X), so I hope it will also fit to a PA5X one day...
Then it's certainly worth its price for me.

Play in style. Wink
Johnmak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m just a learner and only play at home but I bought the Korg soundbar for my pa4x as I have it set up in the living room and the “better half” was not impressed at me having speakers and cables cluttering the room.
I thought it was expensive at USD400 (bought in Singapore) but I did compare it with a variety of powered speakers - Mackie, Yamaha and QSM or some name like that. But a pair of powered speakers were $1,100. End of discussion.
The sound bar is fine for my home.
aitchty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Thanks to all Reply with quote

Thanks to all who have kindly given me advice re the speaker bar for the PA4X - based on your opinions, I will probably get one but I'm currently undecided whether to go for a PA4 or to wait until the PA5 arrives. It can't be much longer, surely ?
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks to all Reply with quote

aitchty wrote:
or to wait until the PA5 arrives. It can't be much longer, surely ?

Only some people at Korg company know...
My guess: 2019. But don't trust or judge me on this guess.

Play in style. Wink
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aitchty:

My best suggestion for use at home, a pair of studio monitors (6 inch recomended) is more than enough to get the best of any keyboard.- If you could, add a subwoofer to get deepest low frequency sound.- Studio monitors are light weight and hi quality sounding.- Take in count that to get the best sound on any keyboard or sound module amp hardware must be HIFI, the reason is the width of frecuency that manage sound outputs.-
As a PA4x user, don't waste time, go and get it.- I've bought it a year ago and till today i'm very happy, it's the most powerfull arranger you can get on the market, and in my case the best partner for my Kronos.-
Hopping these helps you.
With regards.
Eduardo
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aitchty,
I'm considering getting one of these PA systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvfHNhkSOG0

Chris Very Happy
bud2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Good choice Chris, let me know how you go on and I might get one for our forum meetings. Very Happy
Bill
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris how's your new arrangements going with your sound system for the PA4X?....
Aboammar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who own the PaAS, would it be possible to compare it with iLoud Micro Monitors? I would highly appreciate if one of you can do that.

Not familiar with iLoud? Check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgbAPGKyKU&t=19s

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iLoudMicro--ik-multimedia-iloud-micro-monitors-pair

Older Keyboards: GEM WS1, and Ketron Vega EX

PC: HP Z1 G3 AIO Workstation

DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 4
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,
just an update on my home pa setup.
I have a pair of Q Acoustic concept 20 standmount speakers and a wharfedale SW150 sub that are now powered by a recently purchased Marantz PM6006 stereo amp. The amp is the updated U.K. edition which has some modifications to suit U.K. ears. So I have been told !!
I'm currently in the process of running the amp in. I have also taken various MAXX settings that a couple of forum members have kindly given me and I am currently in the process of trying them out.
The sound I'm currently getting from the system as a whole is far better than I would ever have imagined. I did not realise how good the voices on the PA4X actually were. The things that really stand out with the system I have are the power and the clarity of the voices.
I'm sure there are many forum members who will have created their own (and better) audio systems for the korg keyboards. I'm obviously very happy with my own setup (which is for home use only).
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: