Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos? Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum miamibeachdoc

I think this might help you to answer your question on the quick loading as was posted on the forum.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112006&highlight=loading+sounds

I'm still finding my way around this beast, nowadays i mostly get lost in just sinking in to EP1 and a bit of programming the mod 7, from whats been shared, Qui Robinez' tutorials are a great help and investing time in it the only way to go. Very Happy

Nowadays between teaching my 12 yr old daughter on her new 5 string bass (Cort Artisan) and the family life I just learned to appreciate the rich fullness of the K, after all its an extension of you.

regards
Mieszko
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best is to start by watching Kronos tutorials on your tube.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos? Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:
I'm a newbie Kronos user and need to learn quickly how to load up some new sound banks.

Is anyone aware of any good videos or idiot proof step-by-step guides on how to take some sound files on a USB drive and load them into specific locations on the Kronos?

My last experience with manipulating sounds on a synth was with my (back then) brand new DW-8000...

So it's been a while.

Thank you!

You might find this link/article helpful. I know I did. There are some other uselful tidbits on Kidnepro's site. They are a merchant here, but he is always helpful and a valued contributor. Check it out:

http://www.kidnepro.com/blog/korg-kronos-tutorial-working-with-samples/
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronoshaven has some nice videos as well. Also you can download DX7 patches into the Kronos using the MOD-7 engine. One of the videos on this link should help get you started if you are interested in DX7 patches. If I remember correctly the DW-8000 was a competitor of the DX7. As a matter of fact I sold my DX7 to get the DW-8000.

Here is the link

http://www.kronoshaven.com/
DAZZA3483

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc,

I am/was in the same position as you some 12 months ago but I can only agree with others that the official Korg Kronos videos and the excellent tutorials by Qui Robinez ( and many others on YouTube) are a massive help for a relative newbie.

As obvious and monotonous as it seems,working through the Kronos operating manual,chapter by chapter,is a must.

Best!
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for you wisdom and ideas. I actually was able to import 3 combi sound sets successfully.

Now I'm working on being able to create my own combis.

The video tutorial suggestions have been quite helpful.

Getting ready for my first official gig with my band since getting the Kronos on Cinco de Mayo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: