Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing out??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KNARF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Playing out?? Reply with quote

Just picked up my "used" Pa1x and lovin it. It is replacing my I series I use in my band (yep damn thing still works).. I play left hand bass/keys in my Classic Rock/blues band and we are a 4pc band with a 5pc sound. Also use it with two guitars and the Korg doing the drums, bass, etc.. and works great once U all get use to it. Question is anyone else out there playing out in clubs and pubs and cheezy biker bars like I do.. would be interested how it is going...
hbedient

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covid has messed up the live performing situation, but there have been a few outdoor gigs to play here in south Texas, where the winters are usually mild.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COVID as messed everything up. The classic rock show band I am in has many gigs lined up for 2021. 2020 was a disaster for the band's gigs. We lost most of our work. Out of about 30 gigs we had over the summer of 2020, only 4 actually happened. 2 of those shows were outdoors, one was a showcase/headliner and the last one was a New Year's celebration ina large club.

For this band, I have a live rig consisiting of about 6-7 keyboards but none of them are my PA700 arranger.

I also have a solo show where I play my original music at different venues. None of them kept me on their books for 2020. It is just starting to surface for 2021. We will see if any places come to fruition for real.

I also play at nursing homes for a living, using my PA700 arranger. I stopped working in the nursing homes, because of COVID restrictions, back in March 2020. I have not seen the inside of a nursing home since that time.

I am also putting a trio together where I am the band and I have a couple of singers (one plays ancillary keyboard parts). The PA700 is MIDIied to an Alesis SR16 drum machine (to fatten up the drums). I use my Korg M50 for lead guitar and synth parts over the MIDI files and stuff I am playing from the PA700. We've yet to see a gig, but I started putting this together during COVID.

I also have a duo with a friend of mine I used to play in another band with. It will be very similar to the trio in that regard. He is starting to line up venues for us to play right now...

COVID has affected us all int he music business. I have been basically been in my studio, writing songs and doing remote recording/mixing for clients.

I am hopeful that the music industry picks up in 2021, because people want to hear music and get out of their homes after all this time.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: