Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best speakers to reproduce Kronos Piano sounds during live..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
I am using a Behringer XR-18 and a pair of QSC K8.2s. This is the best on stage sound I have had in 40 years. Plenty of low end for on stage and very high fidelity.

That is a great setup for your keys on stage. For me I usually run direct into the PA.
mm-pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I tried going without my own system on stage, I was playing with a well known folk musician and an orchestra at an outside concert. Sound check went well. First 5 minutes of the show, there was absolutely no keys on stage and I couldn’t hear the mains at all. Total silence from my seat. I have no idea what or how I played in those few minutes that seemed like hours. But, ever since that show, I always run my own sound on stage.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
I am using a Behringer XR-18 and a pair of QSC K8.2s. This is the best on stage sound I have had in 40 years. Plenty of low end for on stage and very high fidelity.

How are you getting Low end with K8's ? and can you tell me more about the XR18 How do the piano's sound
mm-pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the DSP set to the studio setting, and the speakers put out plenty of low end and sound balanced-this really surprised me when I first tried them. I usually play in a band with a bass player, and am actually cutting a bit of bottom out of them live, even though I play key bass on a few songs. The pianos sound great. I have never been happy with the pianos in mono, so stereo is the way for me. The K8s reproduce them well. The only thing they wouldn’t handle would be tons of exaggerated sub bass, like on a rap kick and you might be better off with the 12s if you are playing extremely loud. They are easy to carry around, and I couldn’t be happier. They have a three channel mixer built in as well, but I use the XR-18 so I can send a different mix to the house PA and I use the built in FX.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
I have the DSP set to the studio setting, and the speakers put out plenty of low end and sound balanced-this really surprised me when I first tried them. I usually play in a band with a bass player, and am actually cutting a bit of bottom out of them live, even though I play key bass on a few songs. The pianos sound great. I have never been happy with the pianos in mono, so stereo is the way for me. The K8s reproduce them well. The only thing they wouldn’t handle would be tons of exaggerated sub bass, like on a rap kick and you might be better off with the 12s if you are playing extremely loud. They are easy to carry around, and I couldn’t be happier. They have a three channel mixer built in as well, but I use the XR-18 so I can send a different mix to the house PA and I use the built in FX.

Sounds good, I am about to purchase the QSC K10.2's thanks for your input

John
Lincolnshire UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: