Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I load in the reauthorisation file?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: How do I load in the reauthorisation file? Reply with quote

Hi again. Im wondering how i should load the reauthorisation file?
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is your friend:

To re-authorize the system:

1. After using the “Format and Full Install” function, turn off the KRONOS.
At start-up, the LCD display will show a “Public ID.” This is a unique identifier, like a very specific name; it is different for each and every KRONOS.

2. Write down the Public ID shown at the bottom of the screen. Make sure that you’ve copied it accurately.
The Public ID is 16 characters long, and uses only the characters 0-9 and a-f.

3. Turn off the power.
You’ll need to complete the re-authorization process before using KRONOS any further.

Go to http://www.korg.com/kronos/, and follow the instructions to download the re-authorization file.
or:

If you do not have internet access, please contact your Korg dealer or distributor.
When contacting your Korg dealer or distributor, let them know that you need to re-authorize your KRONOS, and give them the Public ID that you wrote down in step 2.
You can find contact information for all Korg distributors, world-wide, on the Korg website:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/index.html
Once you have the re-authorization file, either via download or from your Korg dealer or distributor:

5. Copy the file to the root level of a USB storage device.
Don’t put it inside a folder or directory.

6. Turn on the KRONOS, and wait for the “Re- authorization required” screen to appear.

7. Connect the USB device to the KRONOS.

8. Press ENTER.
The system will search for the re-authorization file on the USB device. When the file is located, the last line of the screen will show the following message:
Re-authorization file found. Press <ENTER> to install.

If a valid re-authorization file is not located, the following message will be shown instead:
Re-authorization file not found. Press <ENTER> to continue.
If this message appears, make sure that the file is on the root directory of the USB device, and that its name has not been changed (it should be 14 characters long, followed by the suffix “.reauth”). Once you’ve double- checked the file name and location, try again starting at step 6.

9. Press ENTER to start the reauthorization.
When the re-authorization is complete, the last line of the screen will change to the following message:
Re-authorization successful! Please turn off power, wait, and turn on again.

10.Turn off the power, wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the power again.
Your KRONOS will now be re-authorized and ready to use.
bazic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"6. Turn on the KRONOS, and wait for the “Re- authorization required” screen to appear. " - This screen never appears... What should i do?
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that if the message doesn't appear then the Kronos doesn't need reauthorisation.

I read your other thread, did you get your Kronos serviced at a proper Korg service place, they would sort out any issues you have.

Otherwise maybe you should ring Korg support, I have never heard of this volume up and down problem before.
bazic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not authorised, the volume up and down is how they potect their sound from being use live. It even says on my kronos that the sounds are in demo mode.. So what i need to do is use that reauthorisation file, but i dont know why..
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazic wrote:
Its not authorised, the volume up and down is how they potect their sound from being use live. It even says on my kronos that the sounds are in demo mode.. So what i need to do is use that reauthorisation file, but i dont know why..

You can't use the re-authorization file for sound libraries. You and BobTheDog are talking about two different things:

1)Reauthorizing the Kronos.

2)Authorizing sound libraries.

Basically, you need to type in a code to unlock each optional library. Go to GLOBAL -- OPTIONS INFO tab. Select a library and press AUTHORIZE SELECTED. Now type the code in.

After you pay for the sound library, you will be sent an authorization code. You can also go to
http://shop.korg.com/Kronos

Select MY KRONOS and log in. If you have registered your Kronos and purchased sound libraries, you can find your authorization codes at the bottom of your page.

In the event that you ever have to re-authorize your Kronos, because you reformatted the hard drive or something, you can find the DOWNLOAD RE-AUTHORIZATION CODE FILE link, right above your library authorization codes.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nice one thanks Mike. I didn't realise Bazic was talking about sound libraries.
bazic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Mike! I understand it now, and i got it working. Thanks again!!
hvt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

Go to http://www.korg.com/kronos/, and follow the instructions to download the re-authorization file.

website NOT FOUND ??????

BobTheDog wrote:
Google is your friend:

To re-authorize the system:

1. After using the “Format and Full Install” function, turn off the KRONOS.
At start-up, the LCD display will show a “Public ID.” This is a unique identifier, like a very specific name; it is different for each and every KRONOS.

2. Write down the Public ID shown at the bottom of the screen. Make sure that you’ve copied it accurately.
The Public ID is 16 characters long, and uses only the characters 0-9 and a-f.

3. Turn off the power.
You’ll need to complete the re-authorization process before using KRONOS any further.

or:

If you do not have internet access, please contact your Korg dealer or distributor.
When contacting your Korg dealer or distributor, let them know that you need to re-authorize your KRONOS, and give them the Public ID that you wrote down in step 2.
You can find contact information for all Korg distributors, world-wide, on the Korg website:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/index.html
Once you have the re-authorization file, either via download or from your Korg dealer or distributor:

5. Copy the file to the root level of a USB storage device.
Don’t put it inside a folder or directory.

6. Turn on the KRONOS, and wait for the “Re- authorization required” screen to appear.

7. Connect the USB device to the KRONOS.

8. Press ENTER.
The system will search for the re-authorization file on the USB device. When the file is located, the last line of the screen will show the following message:
Re-authorization file found. Press <ENTER> to install.

If a valid re-authorization file is not located, the following message will be shown instead:
Re-authorization file not found. Press <ENTER> to continue.
If this message appears, make sure that the file is on the root directory of the USB device, and that its name has not been changed (it should be 14 characters long, followed by the suffix “.reauth”). Once you’ve double- checked the file name and location, try again starting at step 6.

9. Press ENTER to start the reauthorization.
When the re-authorization is complete, the last line of the screen will change to the following message:
Re-authorization successful! Please turn off power, wait, and turn on again.

10.Turn off the power, wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the power again.
Your KRONOS will now be re-authorized and ready to use.
hvt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

website NOT FOUND ??????

please help
hvt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

website NOT FOUND ??????

please help
mikeyd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

[quote="hvt"]4.

website NOT FOUND ??????

please help[/quote]

It’s: shop.korg.com

Then click on the KORG KRONOS libraries.
hvt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

And where do I enter PUBLIC ID?

mikeyd wrote:
hvt wrote:

website NOT FOUND ??????

please help

Then click on the KORG KRONOS libraries.
matro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

hvt wrote:
And where do I enter PUBLIC ID?

Under "My Kronos" where you register your Kronos.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: reautorisation problem Reply with quote

[quote="hvt"]And where do I enter PUBLIC ID?

[quote="mikeyd"][quote="hvt"]4.

website NOT FOUND ??????

please help[/quote]

Then click on the KORG KRONOS libraries.[/quote][/quote]

Once you go into your account and have obtained the ID, use it like Mike Conway posted. (See pictures above). It will authorize the library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: