Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PaAS or Not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aboammar

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Hi Aboammar
Please can you provide a full review of the iloud as a keyboard amp . I own the korg pa1x and love the built in speakers for small group work with my choir . It is just so convenient. I also own the korg pa4x and have not taken it out of the house yet because I don’t want to have to carry my spacestation keyboard amp for such small group work . How would the iloud compete with the inbuilt speakers of the korg pa1x ?

How loud does it get and what’s the bass response like ?

Hi worth. Unfortunately I do not have the time to do a review, however there are many good reviews already available online which should help you learn a lot about the iLoud.

On the other hand, I will be happy to answer any specif question you might have.

I do not own Korg Pa1x so I can not really compare its sound to the loudness of the iLoud, but I think that the iLoud would produce louder, cleaner, and bassier sound than almost any built-in speaker of any keyboard. And I am almost certain this applies to the Pa1x speaker.

Older Keyboards: GEM WS1, and Ketron Vega EX

PC: HP Z1 G3 AIO Workstation

DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 4
jpires

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Iloud on Pa4x Reply with quote

Hello
I would like to hear from Aboammar about the ILoud, how it connects to pa4x and how it sounds is it battery operated?
Thanks
JP
Aboammar

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Iloud on Pa4x Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Hello
I would like to hear from Aboammar about the ILoud, how it connects to pa4x and how it sounds is it battery operated?
Thanks
JP

Hi jpires ..

As you can see in the image below, the iLoud has two analog audio inputs:
- One 3.5mm stereo connection
- Two RCA (Right & Left) connection

You can use either type of connection to connect your Korg Pa4X to the iLoud monitor.

The iLoud is naturally not battery powered as it is almost impossible to deliver such power from battery. The sound they produce is just amazing considering how tiny they are. They are also so loud to the extent that I set the volume to only 50% most of the time.

jpires

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: ILoud Reply with quote

Thanks Aboammar for the info, I would like to use them for my reference monitors when I perform, I am wondering how I would connect them.
I am thinking use outputs left and right from pa4x to a mixer and out 1 and 2 to the I Loud input. I hope it works, any suggestion since you been using them?
thanks
Jpires
Aboammar

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ILoud Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Thanks Aboammar for the info, I would like to use them for my reference monitors when I perform, I am wondering how I would connect them.
I am thinking use outputs left and right from pa4x to a mixer and out 1 and 2 to the I Loud input. I hope it works, any suggestion since you been using them?
thanks
Jpires

You welcome.

Your suggestion will work, however, If you don't have any other equipment to connect, it is always best to connect your Pa4x to the iLoud monitors directly without any mixer, for best audio quality. You can do that using the left & right audio output of the Pa4x to the left & right input of the iLoud.

Since the audio output of the Pa4x uses 1/4 inch TS connection and the audio input of the iLoud uses RCA or 3.5mm connection, you will need special cables:

1- 1/4 inch TS to RCA .. Example: https://goo.gl/sxovok

2- 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4 TS .. Example: https://goo.gl/TCGo3K

You can use either types of the above cables but option 2 should be more durable.

Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more solution for PaAS http://www.korg.com/us/products/amplifiers/konnect/ Smile
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Iloud on Pa4x Reply with quote

Aboammar wrote:
it is almost impossible to deliver such power from battery.

Not accurate ... I have designed a pair of 2x150W RMS /class-D/ 2 way self-powered loudspeakers with internal
Li-Po batteries of 20Ah (0.9 Kgr) , for camping-party usage that operate in full power for more than 3 hours !
About Li-po pack actual power level ... they can provide 300 amperes and start the engine of a Jeep !
Another small pack of Li-Po batteries and a micro voltage boost-up board of 10x10 cm that provides 200V DC
will feed my Pa4X for more than 6 hours for the same purpose ... I know it's irrelevant concerning home
monitors that will certainly be fed my main supply , but just for the records ! Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Aboammar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Iloud on Pa4x Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Aboammar wrote:
it is almost impossible to deliver such power from battery.

Not accurate ... I have designed a pair of 2x150W RMS /class-D/ 2 way self-powered loudspeakers with internal
Li-Po batteries of 20Ah (0.9 Kgr) , for camping-party usage that operate in full power for more than 3 hours !
About Li-po pack actual power level ... they can provide 300 amperes and start the engine of a Jeep !
Another small pack of Li-Po batteries and a micro voltage boost-up board of 10x10 cm that provides 200V DC
will feed my Pa4X for more than 6 hours for the same purpose ... I know it's irrelevant concerning home
monitors that will certainly be fed my main supply , but just for the records ! Wink

Well, thanks for the info, but what I meant by "almost impossible" is when considering the size and wight of the iLoud .. it is almost impossible to have such an output from a similarly sized battery powered speakers, otherwise the speakers would not last few minutes Wink

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Iloud on Pa4x Reply with quote

Aboammar wrote:

when considering the size and wight of the iLoud .. it is almost impossible to have such an output from a similarly sized battery powered
speakers, otherwise the speakers would not last few minutes Wink

Althought it's out of topic's subject , Yes it's posible in that size and that power , self powered speakers to last for over 3 hours using new
tech Ion batteries and the required electronic circuits , at least under my designing skills , just for "records" again . Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see Jordan Rudess using a pair of iloud monitors in this video with the korg Grandstage https://www.facebook.com/jordanrudessofficial/posts/10155452211042989/
Aboammar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Iloud on Pa4x Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Aboammar wrote:

when considering the size and wight of the iLoud .. it is almost impossible to have such an output from a similarly sized battery powered
speakers, otherwise the speakers would not last few minutes Wink

Althought it's out of topic's subject , Yes it's posible in that size and that power , self powered speakers to last for over 3 hours using new
tech Ion batteries and the required electronic circuits , at least under my designing skills , just for "records" again . Wink

Well, as an electronics engineer myself, I beg to differ with you my friend as I have "big" doubts that it is possible to achieve what you said with the current commercial batteries technology!

Also, if it was possible, why then IK Multimedia or any other manufacturer do it and make such speakers? To the best of my knowledge, no such product exist yet, and I think the closest thing to the IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors are the IK Multimedia own iLoud Portable Personal Speaker which run on rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery and produce 40W vs. the 70W of the iLoud Micro Monitors.

If you truly believe you can design such a breakthrough speaker system, then you should sell your design to any manufacturer and make good money from it Wink

D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-iks-incredibly-ambitious-iloud-mtm-reference-speaker/
Aboammar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally bought the Korg PaAS and I do not regret it!

It is a great addition to my Korg Pa4X and I highly recommend it if you can afford it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: