Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferring individual programmes from 1 Kronos to another

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenn.callaghan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Transferring individual programmes from 1 Kronos to another Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I’m able to transfer an individual programme I’ve created in my Kronos 2 88 which is built of mapped samples into another Kronos.
Then I’ll be able to save this onto the new one

This is instead of SAVE ALL And load everything into a new Kronos.

Apologies if this is rookie stuff! But any help would be much appreciated
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can.

I say Yes because you said “a program” which sounds like you mean just one program.

All Kronos can share files of every kind. The problematic inconsitencies come when you share entire PCG content where the factory Sample mapping can be different between kronos 1 and 2.

If you are transfering from Kronos 2 to a second Kronos 2, then it is very easy.
If it is transfer to a Kronos 1, you may end up having to dail in the samples manually from wherever they ended up due to possible mapping inconsistencies. Not very hard work for a single program but it is extra work.

If the Samples you are talking about are Samples from an EX library, then you may have authorization issues. Will likely need to pay for the samples again in another Kronos serial numbered unit.
Or resample the unauthorized content and work it into User bank sample slots. That can be much more work than remappng issues.

It all depends on the samples. Are they from Kronos 2 going to a Kronos 2 and are they samples from a Sample library that requires authorization code.

Easiest option for you is that your samples are User Bank samples. Or that they are standard factory samples and both Kronos are Kronos 2 model.

It is possible. How easy is the real question and that depends on what sample bank or EX library they come from
glenn.callaghan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
Thanks for getting back to me

I’m Transferring from a Kronos 2 88 to a Kronos 1 61 so do doubt there’s gonna be some awkwardnesss with this Haha.

The programme is made from audio samples I’ve created myself in sampling mode. I won’t need any authorisation code for this

Is this doable?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenn.callaghan wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for getting back to me

I’m Transferring from a Kronos 2 88 to a Kronos 1 61 so do doubt there’s gonna be some awkwardnesss with this Haha.

The programme is made from audio samples I’ve created myself in sampling mode. I won’t need any authorisation code for this

Is this doable?

It is doable. I have my kronos packed up right now from the last time i took it out to play. So not able to get on board to go over how.

First step is to get the samples saved in Disk mode and then onto a USB flash drive to port them over to the other Kronos. Once there, loading them to the new kronos is easy. There are save sample only and load sample.
You will want to save the program as a PCG file and pirt that over to the next kronos and then load just that program only from the PCG file and then go from there.
You will have to be sure you have the samples in the same user slot as the previous kronos or you will have to work out changes to the program. Kronos 1 may not have as much RAM memory or disk soace as the kronos 2, if the kronos 1 never got a custom hardware upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: