Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any experience what does the new 1.04 system update do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Any experience what does the new 1.04 system update do? Reply with quote

Thanx!
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Any experience what does the new 1.04 system update do? Reply with quote

yank wrote:
Thanx!

Your playing improves!

No, sorry. Nobody knows...
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
yank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I know actually. The file you download will update system of your Krome.
EMORK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Any experience what does the new 1.04 system update do? Reply with quote

Soundsgood wrote:
yank wrote:
Thanx!

Your playing improves!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i need that update.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any documentation with the update that describes the updated features and fixes, in even very general terms...but it would be great to hear that the infamous piano sustain pedal / "sound problem" has been fixed - we can always hope (!)...maybe somebody who has had that problem could try the update...I updated my Krome to 1.04, and everything is fine, but then I've never experience that problem...???

df
yank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:
There isn't any documentation with the update that describes the updated features and fixes, in even very general terms...but it would be great to hear that the infamous piano sustain pedal / "sound problem" has been fixed - we can always hope (!)...maybe somebody who has had that problem could try the update...I updated my Krome to 1.04, and everything is fine, but then I've never experience that problem...???

df

Is it not the piano problem of some slow internal sd cards with waveforms?
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yank wrote:
Is it not the piano problem of some slow internal sd cards with waveforms?

The problem does seem to be related to reading the piano waveforms from the internal SD card, but from the various postings, people have replaced the card with a faster one, and the problem is still there, or it comes back in a short time, or ???...besides, you can fix most anything in software, right?...that's a joke, of course...

df

Edit: I should have said SOME people still have the problem after replacing the internal SD...as pianobill55 says, it solves the problem sometimes, too...

Last edited by dfahrner on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
pianobill55

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced mine and works perfectly
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after 6 years they upgrade only the fw number count as if maybe KROME 2 is coming like KROSS 2!?

Release notes

・About KROME System Version 1.0.4
KROME System Version 1.0.4 includes all the improvements and resolutions to specific operational issues added since the original release (1.0.0). We recommend that all KROME users update to version 1.0.4. This update may be installed on any KROME, regardless of the currently installed system version; it is not necessary to install intermediate upgrades first.

Note: The changes from version 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 are for Korg internal purpose only. No new feature, improvement, or bug fix is added.

Click here for previous versions

Szymon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We recommend that all KROME users update to version 1.0.4 because no new feature, improvement, or bug fix is added. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Korg - I love you. Laughing
BTW since they did not improve anything, they definitely screwed up something. Cool
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with April 1st, then ;-) In all seriousness it won't be, but it just seems strange that the Krome user gets no benefit.
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´t think that a firmware update would fix the limited polyphony note cut-off issues because the main problem on Krome is the use of a 4-bit bus data micro SD card for large samples storage, why? Because Krome uses the older EDS chip architecture from 2007 found on the M50, Pa500 and M3 without a core built-in SD card interface for samples storage. To enable on EDS the use of a cheap micro SD for large sampling data Korg adapted the old 2007 chip with an FPGA chip acting as an interface between the EDS chip and the micro SD emulating a "parallel data fast speed sampling memory" for large samples. But unfortunately when a lot of notes are played using at the same time the sustain pedal the piano notes cut off issue appears caused by the slow reading speed of the micro SD card despite that a fast RAM data cache is included on FPGA chip to minimize latency issues. The lesson here is that using a cheap micro SD card for large samples storage has its limitations, for example, the ageing of the micro SD itself, such technology was built for photos and mp3 files storage on phones and cameras but not appropriate for continuous fast speed data reading. Unfortunately, every owner of a Krome would face the limitations and notes cut-off issues exposed on many sites and YouTube videos.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
prgtrdr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to go back to 1.0.3 if 1.0.4 breaks something? I use Krome to play my own samples using Kromatic (see this thread for how to do it) and since it uses non-supported stuff I want to make sure I can revert to older version if Kromatic doesn't work under 1.0.4.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prgtrdr wrote:
Is there a way to go back to 1.0.3 if 1.0.4 breaks something? I use Krome to play my own samples using Kromatic (see this thread for how to do it) and since it uses non-supported stuff I want to make sure I can revert to older version if Kromatic doesn't work under 1.0.4.

Just don't update, maybe that was the new update security for against jailbreaking.
Else you as the first one try it out and let us know if it stops the kromatic/sampling hack, so we dont ever update.
prgtrdr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradkorg wrote:

Just don't update, maybe that was the new update security for against jailbreaking.
Else you as the first one try it out and let us know if it stops the kromatic/sampling hack, so we dont ever update.

Right, that's exactly why I'm afraid to try updating. Don't want to lose the ability to play samples. I'll wait until someone else tries the update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: