Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Zero 4 - Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukas1980

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Korg Zero 4 - Info Reply with quote

I recently purchased a zero 4 used. I connected it via firewire to my MacBook but it does not work. I wonder if it supports OS Sierra? do I have to do some special operation to detect it in the mac?
Saucer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: It Should Reply with quote

I believe I have used it with that era of mac (since it was probably one of the last ones to include firewire), and gotten it to work.

I remember having serious difficulty making the driver behave, and needing to try out a couple of versions of it to detect. The better part of a day was spent returning to OSX's audio settings as well as the audio midi editor, but it did end up working.

There were hardware issues that complicated this further, as I got a zero4 that was even crashier and glitchier than most. I also remember my whole setup no longer working at some point mysteriously.

TL;DR - I ended up switching to a modern built PC running windows 7 and a cheap added firewire card and finally got things to work FAIRLY stably. I still use it every day but be careful with letting your computer go to sleep because you will get a horrendous noise emanating from every bus of this mixer simultaneously which can easily damage a sound system and scare the hell out of you.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: