Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldan Librarian v.2 : COMPLETE COOL RELIABLE INEXPENSIVE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yatrix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Aldan Librarian v.2 : COMPLETE COOL RELIABLE INEXPENSIVE Reply with quote

COMPLETE:
The Aldan Librarian (http://www.aldanmusetools.com/) completely supports all types of data which can be saved to PCG file from Korg M50 synthesizer and allows you to perform the following :
• Open simultaneously up to 10 PCG files and immediately switch between them
• Sort Programs and Combinations by Index(bank), by Name, by Category and by Subcategory
• View which Programs are used in a Combination
• View how Program reffered by Combinations (by timbres)
• Rename any type of items : Programs, Combinations, Drum Kits, Arpeggios, Drum Patterns,Categories and Sub Categories
• Reassign Categories and Subcategories for programs and combinations
• Initialize (make free slots) for any type of items
• Assign preferable Categories and Subcategories on Init programs and Init combinations
• Move any type of items Up and Down in the list and from bank to bank
• Transfer any type of items from file to file
• Transfer Category/Subcategory settings from file to file
• Add new banks for Programs and Combinations
• Maintain Master file (sound archive) where quantity of available banks extended up to 16 and quantity of slots in each bank extended up to 1000 items per bank.
• Add new items (free slots) to programs and combination banks when working with Master file
• What is important - the librarian provides permanent consistency control between Combinations and Programs, so you won’t destroy your Combinations when changing locations of your Programs.
• Send Programs and Combinations from the librarian to synthesizer for AUDITION via USB
• Convert midi files to Korg Arpeggios using ARP-MAKER feature
• Convert midi files to directly to Drum User Patterns using DRUM-MAKER feature (This feature is work-in-progress)
In addition a sample Master file is provided with the Aldan Librarian for Korg M50. This Master file contains 1600+ programs and 600+ combinations carefully collected and sorted in proper order from M50Preload, M3Producer, M3Xpanded and 18 other sources.

INEXPENSIVE:
Starting from version 2.0.0 the new registration approach has been implemented.
Now, there are different types of registartion keys for different models of Korg synthesizers.
Depending upon the type of the registration key the access is limited to a set of functions which are required for a certain model of synthesizer.
So, you don’t need to pay for excessive functions of elder models and as a result the price of the Aldan Librarian for Korg M50 is as low as possible.
Moreover, since the majority of owners of Korg’s synthesizers are from USA, the price for the Aldan Librarian is in US dollars now.

RELIABLE:
Actually I’m a happy owner of Korg M50-61 and use the Aldan Librarian for my own needs with a great success and pleasure on everyday basis.

FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS:
There could be done many improvements (like Drag-n-Drop, Copy-Paste, Quick Search, Filtering by banks, printing and etc. ) and I will be happy to invest my time and expertise in further development if you invest in the project.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS TO MY TESTERS:
Special thanks to McHale who was the first beta-tester of Aldan Librarian for M50 at early stage of the development and to Korgman for using current version.
Documentation included in setup.
Yatrix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Manual now available as well.
Yatrix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL .. some people at forum think Aldan is my name. No it is not. Aldan is name of magic computer with human soul inside from science fiction novel (1964) by Boris and Arkady Strugatsky “Monday Begins on Saturday”. That is my favorite book.
Translations: The first English translation was published by DAW Books in 1977 . In August 2005, Seagull Publishing, London, published a translation by Andrew Bromfield titled “Monday Starts on Saturday”. The publisher described it as "the Russian equivalent of Harry Potter, written 40 years earlier".
Yatrix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, while making DrumMaker working for Kronos I found one hidden bug which was not affecting anything in operations but gives wrong result on counting drum patterns. Recommend those of you how are using AL to shift to version 2.0.15 where it fixed.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool.

Question: Does the M50 "PrefectMasterM50_5.pcg" file already include "OrganCollection" and "M3 Expanded" files from the download page?

BTW, there appears to be a typo, where you say "You know that normal PCG file can contain 5 banks (for Korg M50) of 16 banks (Korg M3)" -- OF should be OR

I have to say, though, that I really dislike when web pages start playing music automatically. If you must do it, please at least provide a button to turn it off. (There are stop and pause buttons at the top left of the page, but they appear to just be design elements, they do not function, at least on my browser.)
Yatrix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, file PrefectMasterM50_5.pcg contains "OrganCollection" and "M3 Expanded" as well. Actually it contains absolutely everything what I managed to find and compile from all files for M50 and M3 available at Internet Very Happy

Yes, that's typo Smile Thanks for attention !

Ok, I'll switch OFF that music (BTW that was my music Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against your music in particular, it sounded fine, I just don't like when *any* music automatically plays on a site. Even if it's music I like. It either clashes with music I'm already playing, or disturbs my quiet if that's what I preferred, or if I'm not alone, it is likely to jar and disturb the person next to me.
Yatrix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely agree with you, my friend. That was just an experimental attempt to add some life to the site.
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Aldan editor Reply with quote

Do you plan on making a patch or some kind of work around to be able to use Korgs M50 Editor or a provision to receive PCG Data directly from the M50???

Thanks
Yatrix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bartcarfizzi, Technically your request is possible but practically the transfer of program dumps via midi interface is extremely slow process so working with pcg files is much more comfortable solution.
Frankly speaking, there could be a lot of further improvements, but reality is that the interest from community is below zero, i personally have intention to shift back to Roland and the only serious step that is planned at present is to cancel the project in mid of April.
giovanith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yatrix
"but reality is that the interest from community is below zero, i personally have intention to shift back to Roland and the only serious step that is planned at present is to cancel the project in mid of April."

Just now I buy your software, with hope of some improvement on it!!!

The interest is not below zero. You did a good piece of software, and I think a bit of marketing can helps, sure. There are so many communities of Korg synths in Orkut and others (see: not only in English language, but portuguese, spanish and so). If peoples know this soft (and their very good price), they don't exitate on buy and collaborate with it.
Please, don't desist.

best regards
Giovani - Brazil
Yatrix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giovanith, thanks a lot for kind words and thanks for purchasing.
However, that was my hobbie only and I can't find time for it any more. As for marketing - that type of activity is exactly opposite to my nature.
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Project takeover Reply with quote

Certainly there must be someone out there with the drive/capabilities to take over your project! Its way too valuable a resource and a great tool.. It just needs some tweaking... The guy who wrote PCGTOOLS has a similar application but Aldan has a little more depth... And Basically the ONLY Thing i see that is lacking is the ability to read .pcg files... Both out of M50 Editor and PCGTOOLS...
Yatrix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartcarfizzi, on ability to read .pcg files generated by "M50 Editor" I can comment the following:
Some time ago this question was rized by one of my testers. I was very surprised with the issue and made quick investigation. As a result the problem is on Korg's side.
"M50 Editor" generates "so-called .PCG" files with extention .PCG but the internal structure of such files is not like in PCG files generated by M50 synthesizer itself. The structure of these "so-called .PCG" files is just pack of sound dumps without appropriate headers, bank definitions etc.
And in addition these sound dumps are in raw midi format ("sevenized" bytes).
The "M50 Editor" somehow knows how to read both it's own "so-called .PCG" files and PCG files generated by synthesizer, but for me to support two variants of the same data is too much. That actually requires implementation of absolutely different way of reading these "so-called .PCG" files.
In my understanding, "M50 Editor" generates these"so-called .PCG" files in this strange manner just because Korg developers cutted edges for cost reduction purposes.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear you can't find the time anymore to add features. Because your app has a lot of features my app does not have (and probably will not have in the near future, such as direct connection).

The information about the M50 PCG files is interesting, I noticed the same with the X50 or Microstation PCG file format which is very different from a regular PCG file.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: