Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External program change from Set list control surface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetrocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: External program change from Set list control surface Reply with quote

I read that I can set up external program changes to another keyboard (Nord Stage 3 in my case) from the set list control surface tab for each slot. I have no idea how to do this and can't seem to find details. If I go to a setlist slot (using a combi), all of my channel selectors are greyed out. Do I need to change something in the global midi tab?

FInally, could someone give me a step by step on how to actually set this up for a given slot? Thank you, Mark
hephiroth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to first build a combi that has a timbre set to EXT2 (not INT) and set to the MIDI channel of your other instrument. Then you can set the MSB (try 000), LSB (bank number), and program number of your desired sound on the external synth. You can mix this with other internal timbres, too, like a typical combi, and set the key zones, etc.

When you’re done editing, save the combi.

Now you can add the combi to a set list. When you switch to that combi, it will transmit the program change to your other synth!
jetrocker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hephiroth wrote:
You need to first build a combi that has a timbre set to EXT2 (not INT) and set to the MIDI channel of your other instrument. Then you can set the MSB (try 000), LSB (bank number), and program number of your desired sound on the external synth. You can mix this with other internal timbres, too, like a typical combi, and set the key zones, etc.

When you’re done editing, save the combi.

Now you can add the combi to a set list. When you switch to that combi, it will transmit the program change to your other synth!

Thank you VERY much for the help! Have to admit that I'm stuck again with how to put in all the inputs for Midi in the combi for my Nord patch. Info for the Nord says the program I want to change to has this info: Midi PC#=50, MSB=0, LSB=2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: