Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos? Reply with quote

I'm a newbie Kronos user and need to learn quickly how to load up some new sound banks.

Is anyone aware of any good videos or idiot proof step-by-step guides on how to take some sound files on a USB drive and load them into specific locations on the Kronos?

My last experience with manipulating sounds on a synth was with my (back then) brand new DW-8000...

So it's been a while.

Thank you!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos? Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:
I'm a newbie Kronos user and need to learn quickly how to load up some new sound banks.

Is anyone aware of any good videos or idiot proof step-by-step guides on how to take some sound files on a USB drive and load them into specific locations on the Kronos?

My last experience with manipulating sounds on a synth was with my (back then) brand new DW-8000...

So it's been a while.

Thank you!

I am doubtful of 1 minute learning shortcuts on Kronos.

I recommend you learn navigation, file system and disk/global modes. per the excellent Korg Kronos videos on YouTube.

20 minutes invested now will save you many hours later, plus you avoid the potential of making big file mistakes .

That said, I would guess someone will give you a some steps to try out, possibly there is an excerpt in the owners manual
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're an idiot.

You bought a Kronos, even though you have no hope of grasping its delicate internal functions.

Sell it, buy a Kross. And have a steak dinner with the cash you have left over.

(Notice for the humour-impaired: this was a joke.)
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui Robinez has a range of videos covering several facets of the Kronos (never followed them myself....). So worth checking out as well as his excellent sound sets.

http://www.quirobinez.nl/free-sounds/korg-kronos
https://www.youtube.com/user/qrobinez

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
You're an idiot.

You bought a Kronos, even though you have no hope of grasping its delicate internal functions.

Sell it, buy a Kross. And have a steak dinner with the cash you have left over.

(Notice for the humour-impaired: this was a joke.)

Yea, but your a Jerk for your pompous attitude. Rather than helping someone out, you sink to a new level incivility. Thanks for your contribution to this forum.
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan; Go Fu@#-off you POS. Your just the type of internet troll we won't need here or anywhere. For a senior member to say that to a newbie? It really says a lot about you.

Sorry, to everyone else for the language. but since my DW-8000 & DX-7 days I went to college and became a doctor. So other than electronic medical records systems, I've not kept up with keyboard technology for a few decades. Now that I have time to step back into music again, I thought I would take on the task of learning how to use the Kronos. So I asked for help.

Everyone has been so nice and very helpful until now.

To everyone else, thank you for your help and suggestions. I've been looking into some video series I've seen on YouTube and some that are available commercially to help me learn this thing.

Looks like a fun and rewarding challenge.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:

To everyone else, thank you for your help and suggestions. I've been looking into some video series I've seen on YouTube and some that are available commercially to help me learn this thing.

Looks like a fun and rewarding challenge.

Kronos has learning curve. You can master it given your career .

The free Korg uTubes and Qui's stuff is very good. You can't go wrong.
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gregg. I appreciate it.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, doc. The videos mentioned will help you a lot. Qui's videos go in depth on many subjects, but Korg does have a set of more basic videos, a sort of online manual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xkfi58w6Y

As for Koekepan, although it's no excuse, I'm guessing an explanation for the joke, as bad as it was, was a temporary lapse of judgment. I know I've made some over the top posts when I was a bit drunk. Koekapan is a Kross owner, and a quick perusal of their posts show a generally helpful and respectful tone for the past few years. Perhaps being buzzed and seeing the post title and trying to make some kind of Kross "inside joke" may have prompted the reply? In any case, I'm not defending K's actions, rather than giving them a chance to realize the mistake and own up to it by offering an apology. It was supposed to be a joke, even a self-deriding one as a Kross owner, but tone and intent can be mistaken in print...
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiots Guide To The Korg Kronos? Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:

So it's been a while.

Thank you!

I took a long break from playing I had quit for almost 10 years and was a little behind on the new technology. I have been at it for about 8 years now. I had a DW-8000 years ago also.

Welcome to the forum and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask after all that is one of the reasons for the forum.

Benny Cool
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Benny. I actually still have the DW-8000. Recently dug it out of storage. Gonna take it to have a battery replaced on the main board and have the sounds restored.

I wonder if the actual sounds are as good as the ones I remember...
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Koekepan, I'll take it as a momentary lapse of judgement or bad joke. Forgive and forget..

I'm glad to be on the forum and part of a group of such knowledgeable musicians that use such a technologically advanced piece of equipment.

Can't wait to get up to speed so I can contribute..
Windsofsoul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:
OK. Koekepan, I'll take it as a momentary lapse of judgement or bad joke. Forgive and forget..

I'm glad to be on the forum and part of a group of such knowledgeable musicians that use such a technologically advanced piece of equipment.

Can't wait to get up to speed so I can contribute..

I give you credit going from Yamaha to Korg. Was thinking about jumping ship to Yamaha recently, but with 20 years of Korg's OS's I decided I was playing with fire plus have too much invested in time and age!
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a DW-8000 and used it as my sole keyboard as a 90s gigging rocker. Loved the waveforms, the directness of programming it. I even made my own spacey sound for the intro of Rush's 2112 and used the one data slider to add motion to the sound. Even got the chip that made it so that it was bi-timbral. Fun times!

The Kronos is a deep beast, but you can get a lot of immediate mileage out of it once you get the basics down. The individual engines are nice, but I think its combi mode is one of its strongest suits, combining all the engines and the FX and zones. This is a helpful community, so feel free to ask away on any issue you might need clearing up.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi miamibeachdoc

Sudosonic produced a set of Kronos tutorial videos a long while ago - they placed a couple of samples on youtube I think - I remember checking them out but a colleague bought them way back then (days of original Kronos) and thought they were a bit sketchy and incomplete but covered basics.

It depends what you want but could be worth checking....
...also might be worth contacting them to see if these videos are up to date as Kronos has changed a lot since then.
Just found this link:-
https://www.sudosonic.com/Prod_Korg_Kronos.html

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: