Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2/ES2 or anything with sync out vs the ZOOM R8 as Multitrac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: E2/ES2 or anything with sync out vs the ZOOM R8 as Multitrac Reply with quote

Just dropping this -

I was sure it would work in theory and it worked well again last nite in practice.

The Zoom R8 recorder doesnt have midi out but it does let you create a metronome track and assign it to the headphones out. (The R24 does the same but not the R16).

You can use that to run out to the Sync IN and run the Korg in time with the recorder.

In this instance I didn't need record the sync in signal of the E2 to make the sound file - I just made a rhythm pattern of 1 bar 1/8ths of the R8 kit Hihat - sequenced that across how many measures I wanted the song.

Bounced that to a sound file - assigned that track to the Metronome and away you go.

Anything Korg that accepts the Sync in should work so will be adding the volcas to that mix.

With the L12 recorder having come out (no Midi out there..) prices should fall on the R24 and that will definitely become appealing to people who prefer record outside of a computer.

I thought there may be restrictions on the length of the metronome file but it comfortably ran 160 bars at 100 bpm with no problems.

Another small quirk - it didnt like the metronome file starting from the very beginning - Beat1 of bar 1 - it sounded like it would always fade in that beginning and the E2 stumbled so I would have the metronome file sound start a later bar and it worked fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: