Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome is an upgradable machine (!).. BUT (!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameslol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Korg Krome is an upgradable machine (!).. BUT (!) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I own 02 Korg Kromes in my Studio: a Black 88 hammer action keys and a Platinum 73 keys.

Since I have played the Korg Krome from 2011 till now both in Studio and Live Music Cafe, I've raised some things about this amazing machines.

1/ Korg Krome is a very light weight keyboards for any purposes: studio, live performance, teaching..
2/ Korg Krome is the best keyboard for doing midi mapping. It means players can combine and put everything together with 1 touch keyboard (like Yanni does: he maps his 6 Korg Krome with 6 krome Ming). At this point, Korg Krome works so well, I usually map my 2 Krome with others in my Gig and people keep asking me how to make the sounds so unique.

3/ Personally, I strongly believe Korg Krome is an upgradable keyboard as Korg may put more sound onto the big ROM Gigabye soundwave sameples. Why Korg does not update sounds or bonus new more sounds for Korg Krome. Yes They did, but only few legendary M1 and 127 presets of Triton. And it is not enough for me.

Yeah, the point number 3 is Korg Krome is an expandable keyboard but Korg doesnt care much.
Sancta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. It is a great keyboard. I just bought the 88 version a few weeks ago and I love it. Why they don't upgrade the Krome? I think Korg has just other priorities. They worked on their flagship, the Kronos (new version), and after that they put their man power to the arrangers (pa4x, now the pa 700, pa 1000). After an updated Kronos and an updated Kross I think they have a new Krome 2 already in the pipeline. Not for me (just bought one). I guess they just want to have some new features left for a Krome 2. That's the reason for not upgrading the Krome 1 (anymore).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: