Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg electribe 2 sampler Pause gap between patterns sys 2.02

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zabr23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Korg electribe 2 sampler Pause gap between patterns sys 2.02 Reply with quote

At first sorry for my english... Smile
My problem is the pause between patterns with different beat (16 32)
In some styles is normal to change beat because you need change speed of beat. I mean hardcore frenchcore hardtek jungle trap dubstep etc...
But when i change pattern 16 beat to pattern 32 beat... there is pause.
What i am doing wrong?
Please help me... Is there someting what i can set up in global mode to solve this problem? I have system 2.02 and new system still not exist.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi can you please show a video or describe better this "pause effect".
It pause and then start the sequencer or you don't hear nothing and the sequencer is running?
zabr23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ibb.co/JCHtYyG

again sorry for my english Smile
there is pause between patterns. Sequencer is still running. But on the end of pattern is silent place. Short but stil there... It makes me mad...
zabr23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is exactly about my problem.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104829

Exactly : Note cutoff on pattern change: When switching patterns, the notes from the previous pattern are cut-off. This causes issues with the "live playing" capability that the units were designed for.

Than this problem is without solution? Is this the right time to sell es2 to somebody who dont know about this problem?
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it everything the same?
To avoid cutting out effects or note you should have the same parts with the same setting.
I noticed that if you deactivated the master fx it won't cut in the new one, I didn't try with Insert FX.
To avoid any complications or try to find the problem here how I work.
Make my first 4 bar if I'd like 8 bar I write the same pattern in the next pattern slot and then properly renamate and change note or add variation.
If I want create a song I follow the same process by duplicate the pattern I'm working on and then decide how many time tha pattern repat and chain to.
As I said I didn't have problem with MFX on or off in different pattern I'm gonna try with insert fx and filter(of course by keeping the same but change value).
Also a simply work around will be copy the parts you want to be different in an empty parts(you should get the sequencer as well), clear seq of your old part, edit the new one, done. You use on part for a pattern and another part for another pattern.
Also when I end up in voice stealing (which just to let you know I think it cound filter as 1 voice and delay as 2 voice) I just resample my drums in an empty part and usually with velocity 100 you should get the same volume level, but you still keep the parts if you want another drums sequencer. Really useful if you like to record unquantize and also you get extra voice not just from the drum parts but also from the relative effect.
Let me know how it goes, for all the problem I found on this Electribe there's always a way to get it sorted and it's just awesome (you know you didn't pay much and if you compare to a Digitakt has only 8 voice mono which is the same as 8 parts+8 filter+8 effects of the electribe)
zabr23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make patterns in same system. They are same. When i have sample wich is in the same bpm like the song. For example if you have ableton and export loop which is in the lenght of full pattern. Than you have a part of song for remix or something. I dont use the slice. But if i have the same bpm and the same sample and without effects and two same patterns, there is still a pause.
Could you please test it for me? Make a sample in 180 bpm which is full lenght of pattern and make two same patterns in korg and than record it with computer or recorder, and show it in audacity. And tell me if you have the same pause between patterns. I think its only in faster bpm (180)
Thank you werry much for your time.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely check and let you know, does it happen on the Electribe too or only when you record audio?
How your Electribe is connected? USB or Midi? Headphones out or the two 1/4 jack?
zabr23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two elctribes 2 sampler black sys 2.02. Both hawe this issue. My connection is big jacks in the mixer. And i will listen the issue. When i connect headphones i will listen the issue more clearly.
In e one i have midi connection to volca bass. same
In e second i have no midi connection. same
No usb. I never use usb in e2. same
I could use chain pattern. same
I could use knob mode catch. same
etc...
Especially if you make a drone sample with same start end and middle, and make two same patterns. There is a pause between them. (180bpm) Unbeliavable...
Here is the video of somebody. Not me. His track is cool and i like what he plays. And many thanks to him for the video. But he have the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60U1e-lMCC4

The pauses are short, but they are there every time when he change pattern. And you will see them after record in the audacity.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tested with a cymbal on the last step.
If you have not pattern chain the part will be cut out when the pattern begin again but if you set high priority it will just continue.
But suddenly when you chain pattern even if I make sure that it got the same settings I even just copy the same part it will cut out anyway.
I mean how hard is get this sorted, I would understand the polyphony limits which with the sampler you can simply resample but this cut off things kills this machine, which I love it! For the price and the form factor I prefer over digitakt and mpc, it has it's own workflow which I like it but you don't expect to fail on what? These are really things easily sorted in a day man!
Korg please show us love, we still believe in this machine...
zabr23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really sad.... The last system update for electribe2 is from 2016.
Than my problem with this issue is without solution....
Thank you TheDoctor for your time... Is there some official mail on korg factory to send them link to this thread? They maybe not know about it...
Crying or Very sad
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems mate, I like to help if I can and no matter the problem I still like the Electribe, is actually the only machine where I didn't throw away for the cons.
I don't know man the web is full of people asking for updated, I think an useful things will be have a petition, work hard on it and hopefully get Korg attention.
They're really making a big mistake, personally if they don't fix this they can forget any purchase from myself and I got volca beats,bass,keys and Monologue.
The Electribe could be the brain and more of all this but it doesn't go smooth on basic and silly things

If you want drop me a text, we can share email and some tips or make something with our Electribe Wink I'm open and sick to be the alone in the Electribe world haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: