Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheet Music for Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sancta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Sheet Music for Styles Reply with quote

I just ordered a PA700 in addition to my Krome 88 so I'm a total noob in terms of the PA-family.
My question is: Besides the factory build in styles there are a lot of song-based-styles available from third party creators for the PAs. Do you have to buy the sheet music for all the songs by yourself or are there sellers who offer the sheet music for their styles, too? If you buy styles for 50-100 songs it is quite hard and expensive to get all the sheet music, too. I'm a hobby musician so I just play for me and my family.
Do you have any tips for me where to get the sheet music for the styles (the Pa-factory build in or also bought ones) because 'normal' piano based sheet music might not be the right ones for the styles as they are mostly for both hands and from what I guess you mostly only play chords with the left hand when using the styles.
I hope my question was not too confusing.
Thanks for any help and tips.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I too have a 700 and in amongst the Songs is one Glenn Miller song, I use the base style for other GM songs I play having bought the sheet music.

Conversely I go to ultimate guitar and download the guitar chord chart that someone has transcribed snd I play along using the chords and embelish them in other words a bit of a noodle.

Do check with Korg Germany as they may have a songbook update that modifies the original factory songs which have strange names and no artist. Korg UK update makes the song names correct and adds the artist.
Sancta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updated songbook tip. I downloaded the UK version.
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sancta, I have a website that I created to make up for the loss of wikisheets. I have created A-Z sheets based on wiki files in pdf format you can freely download. All in easy keys and most popular songs. No piano music there at all. All with chords indicated.

http://ms-access.yolasite.com/
Sancta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Hi Sancta, I have a website that I created to make up for the loss of wikisheets. I have created A-Z sheets based on wiki files in pdf format you can freely download. All in easy keys and most popular songs. No piano music there at all. All with chords indicated.

http://ms-access.yolasite.com/

Great! Just checked it out. That is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

BTW: Aren't there any sheet music collections on the market with style-tips for arrangers? I know, most sheet music also include the chords but it would be nice to have.
There are magazines for almost every nice hobby in the world so an arranger sheet music collection could have a market.
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created the music sheets site for my Club Members on my keyboard forum. I'm happy that you will find it useful. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: