Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakemuss50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy access Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to save their "favourite" sounds to this instrument? After reading the manual which seemed to indicate it could be done, I've had no success. Like a lot of gigging musicians I am usually using any one of aprox. 12 sounds that I'd like to be able to access instantly rather than trolling through the various groups of instruments. I do have a SD card with plenty of storage on it.
Hoping someone here can assist.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy acc Reply with quote

You can overwrite the sounds to USER and you will have them in one group and easily accessible. Even the USER tools can be added to individual groups, for example, under LEAD. . I prefer them in the USER box. After Backup, back up. Back up to SD - Global - Media - Save PCG ALL.
jakemuss50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much arpegiator1. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
jakemuss50

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy acc Reply with quote

I have since downloaded the full manual but even more confused. Would you mind listing the steps to overwrite the sounds to a USER group please from turning on the mS.
My desire is to be able to turn on the mS, select where my user file is and play, using the Function buttons 01–16 to select my sounds. (Can I load a mixture of prog and combi sounds into USER?)

arpegiator1 wrote:
You can overwrite the sounds to USER and you will have them in one group and easily accessible. Even the USER tools can be added to individual groups, for example, under LEAD. . I prefer them in the USER box. After Backup, back up. Back up to SD - Global - Media - Save PCG ALL.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy acc Reply with quote

No. You can not smoke the program and the Combi. After moving your programs and Comby into the Category User you must press the Program button - select Category - User. After that Combi - choose Category - User. Then you just have to select a specific program and just switch between Program and Comby, the setting will stay, so you can switch bet betting during the game.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy acc Reply with quote

Can you overwrite sounds to USER?
First I recommend backup, so save to SD card - GLOB / MEDIA - MEDIA - SAVE ALL. You do not need an editor for it. In Microstation first GLOB / MEDIA - BASIC -MEMORY PROTECT -PROGRAM-OFF.
Then you go into the program you want to retire. Mapper. 001 L / R PIANO - ARROW TO RIGHT - DOWN ARROW UP - WRITE PROGRAM - ARROW TO RIGHT - DOWN - CAT - KEYBOARD CHANGE TO USER - DOWN ARROW - SAVE TO 001 A. It overwrites only the end of the USER the program is still stored in position one in the pianos (see in the editor), but in Microstation it is in the USER section, easily accessible.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Korg microSTATION. Saving favourite presets for easy acc Reply with quote

jakemuss50 wrote:
My desire is to be able to turn on the mS, select where my user file is and play, using the Function buttons 01–16 to select my sounds.

In case you (or anyone else following or coming across this thread) still needs the info, it is detailed in the my post in the thread at:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118156

jakemuss50 wrote:
(Can I load a mixture of prog and combi sounds into USER?)

Not directly, but yes, by creating new combis that consist of nothing but the single program you need. Then you're technically still only switching between combis, but since some of combis consist of nothing but single programs, the end result is that you have a mix of combis and "single programs" under your 16 User select buttons, so you don't have to switch modes to access your favorite programs vs. you favorite combis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: