Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos LS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim072

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos LS Reply with quote

Hi everybody

I am new to this forum so apologies in advance.

The Kronos LS seems very interesting. It doesn't seem to be very popular, however, and the only user reviews that I could find that commented on the keybed found on the board were on Sweetwater. They were so mixed I left confused. I never tried the thing, nor do I have much experience with Korg keyboards, so I was hoping somebody on here might be able to comment on it. What does the keybed feel like? ect. I am aware of Kronos specs and know LS does not have aftertouch.

Thanks everybody Very Happy
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way for you to make sure you like it is to play the thing. I personally don't think I would like it as I mainly play acoustic piano and prefer a weighted touch for optimal dynamics (especially on a digital instrument), but taste is personal so you have to figure out for yourself.

The lack of AT would also be a problem for me, but again each person has different preferences. You have to define if AT is important to you or not.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos LS Reply with quote

tim072 wrote:
Hi everybody

I am new to this forum so apologies in advance.

The Kronos LS seems very interesting. It doesn't seem to be very popular, however, and the only user reviews that I could find that commented on the keybed found on the board were on Sweetwater. They were so mixed I left confused. I never tried the thing, nor do I have much experience with Korg keyboards, so I was hoping somebody on here might be able to comment on it. What does the keybed feel like? ect. I am aware of Kronos specs and know LS does not have aftertouch.

Thanks everybody Very Happy

Back in the days of covered wagons, we use to define our requirements.

Such as " I require a weighed 88 keyboard "
or
I require an unweighed 88 keyboard ( that is 'easier ' to haul around)
tim072

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As odd as that may seem, I actually prefer unweighted keys but don't like the restriction of 61 key boards. I've hardly ever used aftertouch. That's why the LS is of interest to me.
There isn't a dealer within an hours drive from me so it could be a while before I try one myself. What I was hoping somebody might comment on is the keybed itself
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim072 wrote:
As odd as that may seem, I actually prefer unweighted keys but don't like the restriction of 61 key boards. I've hardly ever used aftertouch. That's why the LS is of interest to me.
There isn't a dealer within an hours drive from me so it could be a while before I try one myself. What I was hoping somebody might comment on is the keybed itself

I am skeptical about accepting Internet research on certain subjective topics like
' how does this keyboard feel ? "

reminds me of some on the 'net : " looking to meet someone who can kiss like my high school prom girl friend "

I understand the dilemma you have, not easy to find a demo.

You didn't say what country you are in.

Many retailers here in the US have friendly return policies within 30 days. You could do a buy and try for 30 days, then decide if its a keeper.

If you try this, get clear from the beginning, who pays for return shipping. That
will be expensive. ( $55 ? spending where you are)

would seem more accurate than spending hours on the internet reading various opinions. Or reading opinions about kissing Wink
sensationlive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

I own an LS. I'll agree with everyone else here and suggest that if one is available locally for you to try out then take 'er out for a spin.

My thoughts-It is a lighter action than what we probably consider "semi-weighted" I have older yamaha semi-weights where I make this comparison to (Motif ES6 and an EX5) and K-LS is different, lighter but still enough of kick back to make your piano/rhodes/wurly experience acceptable.

I moved from a hammer action keyboard and I truly miss it and am certain you will too if this is the step you are taking. You will have to tweak your technique regardless what keybed you are coming from, the LS is that unique. But it does feel good. I was adamant on simplifying my set up to a single 88-key synth in a steady gigging and diverse dance band and there was no other choice for me given the flexibility the LS offers.

If for studio use and you come from weighted background, then get the regular 88 and factor in a few more nickels for another semi-weighted controller to get you through more synth/organ type playing. If you are looking for a live board than you really should give the K-LS a hard look. I'm extremely pleased with it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: