Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Austrian Grand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElevenPhingahz wrote:
The funny thing is seasoned pros like Jordan Rudess, Herbie Hancock & Jack Hotop are in the Korg orbit all the time, couldnt someone like them endorse the Austrian or other Korg merch?
My point being with artists at that caliber at Korgs disposal there seems to be a disconnect with those type of name musicians & the stuff being hawked on the Korg website.

the ' name ' musicians sponsor new Product. They did their thing where the K came out. Possibly the K2 in 2014, I don't exactly recall.

What you see on the Korg shop is old Korg offers and a good variety of 3rd party folks. JR did his hustle with Ader/Kapro 2 (?) yrs ago.

the K is 7 yrs old.
ElevenPhingahz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother GregC agreed.
Yes Korg moved on & left old samples sitting on the shelf at pretty much the same price like unpurchased grocery product, but Korg... even these have expiration dates as well. I don't expect freebies from someones hard work but c'mon Korg at least have some type of special rate or discount for your faithful flock.
I still believe the KK2 is the best all in one unit on the block & thats pretty damm good considering not many face lifts. Wink
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you can be patient, every year there is a discount on most products during a week or so. Simply check the Korg shop from time to time.
ElevenPhingahz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep an eye out... thanks.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElevenPhingahz wrote:
I'll keep an eye out... thanks.

I don't recall when the last discount offer was. I think it was 30% off when they had it last.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
dzeykery@gmail.com wrote:
I say the korg samples are WAY to overpriced, only way KORG will come to senses is not buying them. Single piano sample should not cost more that 49$ and even that would be expensive and the most that it should cost.

Instead of buying piano sample I rather saved some money and bought nord electro and use it connected trough midi with my korg kronos. It works like magic, and you have bunch of really great sounds free to use.

I agree. too expensive, I have my iPad USB'd with the camera connection kit playing through my Kronos and using the Kronos effects. iSymphonic, Waldorf Nave, Animoog, Garageband and they have some quality sounds for a bit of variation.

Since you have that setup, you should try the iOS version of the Ravenscroft 275 piano. It's a lot cheaper than what Korg is charging for extra pianos. Also the Grandstsge also has a Fazioli piano in it, and that's not even available for the Kronos. I think Korg should cone out with a Kronos 3 with all the pianos in the Grandstage, in order to keep the Kronos as the flagship.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElevenPhingahz wrote:
The funny thing is seasoned pros like Jordan Rudess, Herbie Hancock & Jack Hotop are in the Korg orbit all the time, couldnt someone like them endorse the Austrian or other Korg merch?
My point being with artists at that caliber at Korgs disposal there seems to be a disconnect with those type of name musicians & the stuff being hawked on the Korg website.

I'm surprised that there is a product that Jordan Rudess didn't endorse.. Rolling Eyes
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
ElevenPhingahz wrote:

I'm surprised that there is a product that Jordan Rudess didn't endorse.. Rolling Eyes

its not easy making decent money as a musician. In fact, its almost impossible.

He likely has a family, pets and a mortgage. In my state, you would only need
$185,000 per year to do that, pay taxes, just to break even.

In your county, a lot more is my guess Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: