Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something big is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
DeltaJockey wrote:
I'm always entertained by how little the rest of the world knows about the real Australia.Laughing

Unfortunately, with our connected world, that notion is quickly disappearing!

I am sure your country is great and diverse. Keep in mind there are 39 million Californians, many who might be interested in moving Wink

Yes diverse is the word! Most overseas people know Australia for it's beaches , deserts and rainforests. I used to live in the mountains of the south where my kids were born with many feet of snow around the house, but the majority of Aussies live in cities and suburbs, with "large shopping centres and freeways". We are one of the most urbanised populations in the world. You are most welcome to join the party Greg Smile, plenty of diverse living environments to choose from!
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
...my kids were born with many feet of snow around the house...

Tough as teak, those Victorians!
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
CowboyNQ wrote:
GregC wrote:
SeedyLee wrote:
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the Instagram post has been ammended to indicate that, whatever it is, will be Audtralia only Sad

So my 2 cats, and I with all my gear should move to Down Under ?

I am sitting on the edge of my chair, credit card in hand, with the moving company on hold ...

Wink

Come on down, Greg! You can stay in my spare room and stockpile your new Kronii there, too.

Cool ! Let me know if you have electricity and Internet over there. I don't require much Wink

Ah...that's going to be a problem. I live in Adelaide, you see...
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hey Cowboy....My kids were born in Cabramurra, my early place of work, up in the Snowys. Highest town in Oz. Look it up, exceptional cross country skiing.

I've retired to East Gippy, away from the rat race..beautiful wild coast, pristine forests, fast internet and quiet highways. Couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be Smile

ps. Only a one day outing to Canberra or Melbourne to buy all the synth gear I want...er..I mean need Smile
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
Quote:

Hey Cowboy....My kids were born in Cabramurra, my early place of work, up in the Snowys. Highest town in Oz.

Very cool - literally and figuratively. New South Welshmen are as tough as teak too!

I lived in Orange for three years so have a little bit of familiarity with cold temperatures and snowy winters, but you have me covered. I loved it there but the cold weather and a desire to reconnect with friends and family (Adelaide is where I was born and raised) eventually chased me away.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tend to cope with the cold more than the heat. I think Adelaide in the summer would get to me. I spent some time a few years back in the Strezlecki desert near Innaminka at 47 degrees, and it nearly killed me!
I've spent most of my life in cold climates, so I'm just unaccustomed I suppose. I found a year in Antarctica more tolerable than a week in northern South Australia in Feb! I am a Victorian originally though.
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it looks like sweetwater.com now has the Kronos LS---btw I bought my first Kronos X from the guitar center in chicago on Halstead.....heard GC are now going out of bus???? makes me sad! they used to Always carry all the best boards...in store at all times....that was Then!

btw: the Kronos LS tobacco sunburst wooden endcaps r cool but....for weight's sake: why not put the hard black plastic ones on, like the Kronos X? The Kronos LS's 39 lbs weight could go down to 36 right there !!!
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it looks like sweetwater.com now has the Kronos LS---btw I bought my first Kronos X from the guitar center in chicago on Halstead.....heard GC are now going out of bus???? makes me sad! they used to Always carry all the best boards...in store at all times....that was Then!

btw: the Kronos LS tobacco sunburst wooden endcaps r cool but....for weight's sake: why not put the hard black plastic ones on, like the Kronos X? The Kronos LS's 39 lbs weight could go down to 36 right there !!!
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
DeltaJockey wrote:
I'm always entertained by how little the rest of the world knows about the real Australia.Laughing

I am sure your country is great and diverse. Keep in mind there are 39 million Californians, many who might be interested in moving Wink

Come on over. We are open to one and all and have plenty of room, despite what the stickers on those oversized utes say!

Hang-on I should mention a Korg announcement speculation. Korg is on sale every second month here it seem, so it's not that. Prologue showcases are almost over (Brizzy the other night). Workshops has to be the answer other than some AU only koala emblazoned Volca Sample loaded with "G'Day Mate!" "Strewth..." Crickey" Fiardinkum!" "No Worries" "Owzitgoann?" "Wot Are Ya?" and The music from VB adverts (aka "Theme from The Magnificent Seven") samples.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
GregC wrote:
DeltaJockey wrote:

Yes diverse is the word! Most overseas people know Australia for it's beaches , deserts and rainforests. I used to live in the mountains of the south where my kids were born with many feet of snow around the house, but the majority of Aussies live in cities and suburbs, with "large shopping centres and freeways". We are one of the most urbanised populations in the world. You are most welcome to join the party Greg Smile, plenty of diverse living environments to choose from!

I didn't get to see that many beaches. I Spent most of my time in the outback at Woomera, but on various customer or company visits did get to Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Newcastle (DoD Customer was based there) and Melbourne, so I did a few places on the East and South coast, but never the West and North.

You realise what a large country Oz is when your 10 hours into a 14 hour flight from Abu Dhabi, you want to get off the plane, you are just crossing the west coast and then realise you have another four hours of flight to Sydney! And you'll spend about three hours watching desert with the odd highway.

I loved my time down under. Made a lot of friends in the customer community and a lot of hard partying in Woomera (not much else to do there when you're not working.... Wink )

I was out there long enough on one trip (two months) that when I got back to Wales my missus accused my of having caught the accent. Smile

And I found myself saying "dahta" instead of "dayta" Wink

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I found myself saying "dahta" instead of "dayta"

Derek,
to add to the confusion , many Aussies including myself pronounce it both ways, depending on the context. Confused

In fact there is a third way which is less common here...."daat ah"...if I've represented that right. The "a" as in cat.

Back on the op topic,

I think this thread has run it's course, and our local distributor has caused a storm in a teacup.

I agree with Greg, this kind of teasing is most annoying, and they are at risk of crying wolf...everybody will have lost the momentum by the time "whatever" happens.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Somthing Big"....?????

DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

.....Yes Exactly!
afr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiHD7wRAcpF/

SDK KIT
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already recognised by Korg itself:

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/0427/ and http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/sdk.php...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: