Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free KSF to WAV Converter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Hi,

I built myself a little KSF to WAV converter and thought I would share with you splendid IA members Smile

Basically you run the little program up, and drag KSF files (one or more) from Explorer and drop them onto its little window. It will then create a .wav version of each KSF file in the same folder as the KSF file.

So if you drop the file C:\MySamples\Snare.ksf onto the the application window it will create a file called C:\MySamples\Snare.wav .

I find this really useful for editting samples from the Triton, or for previewing .ksf files I get from others.

It only likes the simple KSF files that contain uncompressed Triton sample data in one file, and will complain severely if you pass anything odd to it Smile

Its a tiny little program, only 68k :

[mem]
http://www.irishacts.com/Daz/ksftowav.exe
[/mem]

Hope its useful for other people too.

Daz.
dzm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Thanks Daz,

that'll be really useful for me. Cool.

Gonna try the midi settings shortly.

dzm
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Hey nice one. I'm looking forward to checking this out.

Thanks Daz.

Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

damit...sooner or later I have to get that SCSI option and a HD....damit... Razz

That's a great thing Daz !
Roland JV-1010 / Triton-Rack 96MB / Trinity Plus PBS-TRI / Yamaha MOTIF6 64MB / Roland Fantom-XR 512MB / Yamaha MOXF6 1GB / Roland XV-3080 / Roland FANTOM-06 / Yamaha MODX6+ / E-mu Proteus 2000 / Roland XV-5080 128MB / Kross 1 / Kross 2
chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Thanks Daz...

I've another question: how do you convert a song that is made in sequencer mode (so in .SNG format) to MP3 ?
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

DAZ... KOOL !!!
Thanx a lot.

Cheers / Pecca
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Wow, you can drag and drop a truckload of files at the same time.

Ooohh.. Thank You.  ;D

Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

I have updated the application, 'cos it was annoying me a little  ;D LOL, thats the great thing about writing your own tools.

Anyway, now when you drop a whole load of files on the application, if it finds one it doesn't like it will ask you if you would like to continue processing the rest of the files, rather than just stopping the conversion process. This is handy if you have a directory of .ksf's, some of which are actually not real samples but the magic .ksf files that actually refer to other .ksf files instead where the sample is mapped more than once.

[mem]
http://www.irishacts.com/Daz/ksftowav.exe
[/mem]

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

[quote author=chris link=board=latest-news;num=1016060105;start=0#4 date=03/14/02 at 02:17:00]Thanks Daz...

I've another question: how do you convert a song that is made in sequencer mode (so in .SNG format) to MP3 ?[/quote]

You need to connect your Triton to the soundcard of your computer and use a piece of audio recording software (such as SoundForge, WaveLab or Cool-Edit Pro) or an audio capable sequencer (such as Cubase or Logic) to record the audio. Generally that would give you a wav or aiff file, which is very large audio file. You can then use an mp3 encoder to compress that and produce an mp3.

If you need some more help/info ask the question again in the 'Sequencers / Audio recording packages' forum on this board. Also tell me more about your setup. Do you have a PC or Mac, what soundcard, and what software do you have.  

Daz.

ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Hi Daz,

That sounds great...and I'm looking foward to trying it out.

Currently, I'm using Zero-X for loops when I sample into Triton.
I don't actually do that much sampling or programming.

But I was wondering about the possibility of writing a program that could convert mapped Triton Multi-samples to .wav  and somehow retain the mapping.

Ie. Zero-X currently supports .aiff , SF2 and .wav
But I don't know that it supports keymaps.

It would be great if I could record samples on Triton, then map the samples, then load the KSC into PC, convert it to SF2 as a mapped Multi then loop it in Zero-X, then re-convert to KSC and load the looped Multi back to Triton as originally mapped.

I was wondering is this just daft thinking regarding the conversions as mapping I presume would have its own programming headaches.

The Guy who wrote Zero-X said he would take suggestions about format updates in the future so, maybe if enough Triton needs-be's got together to e-mail him, he might update Zero-X for Triton format.

I don't know how familiar you are with Zero-X, but its a quare tool for getting quick seemless loops.
How do you reckon support for Triton KSC format..?
Would it be a lot of hassle to incorporate into Zero-X,  specifically in retaining keymaps?

Peace
Ausser.

http://hem.passagen.se/novelty/index.htm

3AM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

xllent ;D ;D
thanks!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Hi ausser,

I understand exactly what you're saying. Its a shame that the Triton sampler can't use a format like wavs (like the Akai S5000/Z families) and properly use the looping and root key/key mapping information. So you could use tools like Seamless looper or the props Recycle with the Triton.

It would great to be able to take a soundfont or an Akai akp and associated wavs and load them properly into the Triton. Thats too advanced in programming terms for me at the moment, this is the first time I've really explored programming with audio files. However, I would guess that Rubber Chicken's (???)  Translator is the tool required here, to jump back and forth between ksc/kmp/ksf land and soundfont land.

Emagic EXS-24 looks like a good solution to me.

Daz.

LIFECHANGER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

I am finally getting into the Translator program, as I upgraded to all Translator products (keyboards/modules/plug-in/soft synth and samplers) covered up to this point, and promised for future inclusion into the Chickensystem's Product.  I also know that Sharp is working with the company to improve or enhance its current Triton features.  I think I'll invite Garth (Chickensystem's Founder and Chief HelpMate) over here to discuss matters!!

-GDaddy Mike
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Sounds good,

I E-mailed the author of Zero-X, the other day asking him to consider Triton format support.

I told him there were 2 main Triton websites with over 1000 members crying out for something like Zero-X if it would support Triton format, especially in regard to keymaps, and that they would probably all buy it immediatly.

1000 x $40 = $40,000 big ones.

So hopefully he'll reply expressing an interest.

Peace
Ausser.

ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KSF to WAV Converter Reply with quote

Quote:
Ie. Zero-X currently supports .aiff , SF2 and .wav
But I don't know that it supports keymaps.

Sorry, a bit of a correction.....

Zero-X supports:
SF2; .WAV; and .RAW.

It does NOT currently support  .aiff

sorry.

Peace
Ausser.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: