Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genos Styles To Korg
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel_ARG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
You can use a Tyros translation software to convert Genos styles to Korg; they will play just fine.

What translator do you suggest? I only know EMC Style Works XT but I dont think Genos is supported. Anyways, I've tried some conversions. Korg to Yamaha works kinda well, but conversions from Yamaha to Korg results poor.

Regards,

Daniel
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this out:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=652618
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Daniel_ARG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
check this out:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=652618

Thank you very much, Nemik! I'll give it a try!!!!

Regards,

Daniel
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
having been a previous Tyros 2, 4 and 5 owner and now a very happy PA4X owner, the only thing
I miss from the Tyros keyboards and would love to have on the PA4X (if it's actually possible) is the beautiful Boy's choir voice ...

I remind to all that need authentic and premium solo vocals and all choir ensembles (like Boys Choir) for Pa4X , that WavesArt has
in circulation the best ever vocals DNC2 bundle you can find for a workstation/arranger close to VST production ... just for the records !

For more info : Pa4X Vocals Suite

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
With regard to the Yamaha Tyros boy's choir, one of the forum members has kindly sent me a set of WAV's (49 in total) he took from his PSR970 for that particular sound.
Unfortunately I don't have a clue what to do to get them in the PA4X and actually working. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Antony,
I have listened carefully to your demo of the WavesArt vocals, but I cannot find any sound to match the Yamaha boy's choir. If you can point out an identical sound to the Yamaha one, I would consider purchasing it.
Chris
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris , I don't give a dime for what Yamaha call as Boys Choir , WavesArt has original 16 boys in less than 2 octaves sampled per
semitone also in a standalone Sound , 22 samples summary , any other number of samples is fake , since all choir ensembles in
T5/Genos (poor IMO) , are sampled per 2/3 semitones so the maximum number of original boys samples are 8-11 , but all those
you call boys choirs are actually mixed with female choir as a natural consequense of mixed choirs usage in this kind of orchestration.

Musicians that are dealing with choir arrangement never use boys choir as standalone but always mixed with male & female and boys
just fill the harmonic color between male and female and the presence of boys is intensive in the WavesArt mixed chorus demos , at
least for those who really know about choir orchestration that this suite is targeting.
Personally I can't stand listening only to boys choir , it's the last sound I would ever cut through in a composition , I always use them
in mixed choir for my Symphonic/Film Scoring production in lower volume just for the color of true Symphonic Choir , same for my
demos there , there are so many other essential lead vocals than boys that must be demonstrated that all hardware samplers will fail !

So I have nothing to point you concerning vocals suite since you don't really care for premium vocals but for this specific Yamaha
choir sound so if the provided samples are what you're searching for then send them to us http://wavesart.eu/Hire in order
to create this sound for you.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: