Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting Kronos-2 to a pair of active monitors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sig_korg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Connecting Kronos-2 to a pair of active monitors Reply with quote

Hello guys,
I have the KROSS 2-88 and use it at home and had been always using headphones to play.
I am planning to purchase a pair of active monitor for the first time to connect to the Kross.

By looking at the Kross-2 outputs and reading the manuals i see the outputs are 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jacks(TS unbalanced).

The monitor i am planning to purchase is a JBL, i love them Laughing
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305--jbl-lsr305-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

The monitors have XLR and TRS balanced inputs. I am trying to figure out what kind of cables should i be looking into to connect the Kross-2 and the JBL monitors.
thanks.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monitors should work fine with either TS or TRS cables with 1/4" jacks at each end. 8" monitors will have a better bottom end than the 5" speakers. Some of the Kross Programs have quite "meaty" basses to their sounds.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link is showing that those are no longer available.

Check out Mackie units, they get good reviews.

I have Behringer B108D units that I use with my Kross 2 and they sound fine and I also use them in a 5000 ft2 Hall as PA speakers and find them powerfull enough at 300W. They take standard 1/4 mono jack leads, I use a pair of standard guitar jack to jack leads to connect the Kross to the speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: