Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA900 with Orla Grande organ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toneharb

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: PA900 with Orla Grande organ Reply with quote

I’’ve Connected the PA900 as slave to my Orla Grande Theatre and got most things working so I can play the PA900 as an organ with 2 manuals and use the volume and sustain pedal on organ. It even responds nicely to changes in the parts conductor on the organ, and various other things like key sensitivity and Orla chord harmony all works.

I use songbook+ and have some virtual buttons annotated on each sheet music to invoke things like variation changes and sts changes it all works.

What I am struggling with a bit, is the midi bass pedals on the organ: I need toggle ‘globally’ ie set to either on or off for the bass pedal style voice, and override ideally the same voice so that it sounds according to pressing the organ’s bass pedals. I can of course easily mute the style’s bass track and even allocate the operation to an assignable switch, but ihavent found a way to lock the bass track to either mute or play (ideally both would be handy as I like to play from the organ and also to use the bass style if playing the keyboard in the conventional way without the organ).

Yamaha tyros etc seem to have this sorted and there are relatively ready made preset configurations like registiks and the sound elite series for setting up bass pedals and dual manuals, so wonder if there is any similarly defined procedure for setting up midi bass pedals on Korg PA900, there is nothing obvious in the user guide

At moment looks like some style editing might be required to accomplish this which may be a bit too tedious as I have 100s of digitised sheet music so a simple override or something would be best.

Ps love the ease of integration of PA900 with the iPad ongbook+ app so much less faffing about than with tyros, apparently the new flag ship 🚢 Yammie genos has even better integration but is expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: