Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You All Really Don't Care?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: You All Really Don't Care? Reply with quote

Every couple of months I come here to this forum hoping to find something that brings to question about the possibility of a new Kaoss Pad ((of any kind)) and amazingly you all seem so happy still talking about the same KP3+ or those damn toy Kaoss Minis. The contentment is mind boggling.

I have posted questions asking to start a conversation of the possibility of a new follow - up to the KP3+, a Kaoss Pad 4. I thought, we could talk about what we would want in a KP4, new features and such. The Kaoss Quad introduced some great ideas to the Kaoss ecosystem. Maybe a new Kaoss pad would be the combination of the Kaossilator and the multi-effect bank of the Kaoss Quad and tie this together with updated sampling features of the current KP3+ and call it the Kaoss Pro.

I guess my feeling is if we had started conversing about what we would want on a KP3+ followup we could inspire Korg to get back on the program with it's most iconic product! Even their iKaossilator has not seen an update in how long?

But I can see why Korg has shown little to ZERO interest in Kaoss Pads. It's because it seems the dedicated fans of Korg have long sat fat in a pile of complacency...just satisfied with the old gear they have.

Well that's all I have.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy we all have busy lives, so much to choose from nower days
Also the minis are not toys. Portablism being of importance and a new scene. It's all good, no?
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had more time to discuss I would.Don't mean to be dismissive
Maybe some one else can chime in.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK, considering you were nicely inspired by the Quad, where do you think the Kaos DNA should go next?

I'm considering grabbing a Zero 8 with the Kaoss Pad onboard being a big drawcard, but also a big point of hesitation due to the high failure rate of the Kaoss Pad on those mixers. Perhaps that is one of the reason that even Korg have seemed to abandon advancement of the line. I personally would like to see a KP4 with all the advancements of the Quad pad but also something similar to the Keith McMillen touch controller products, like a couple of smaller pads to adjust some less dynamic parameters of FX. Also the incorporation of Kaos control in things like synths, though that does highlight a desire I have for Korg to make another hardware vector synth in the same vein as the Wavestation. But the Kaos world is made for that sort of thing; imagine a user-sample based granular synth with no knobs (well no dials at least, the knobs will always be there Wink ), no sliders and no keys....but 16 buttons, for the sampler of course!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here

Last edited by megamarkd on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:56 am; edited 2 times in total
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An actual honest-to-god programmable Kaoss Pad/Kaossilator would be nice. Slap it in a similar chassis to something like the Novation Circuit MonoStation with some knobs for parameter adjustments and a full synth engine and I'm sure it'd sell nicely.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehighesttree wrote:
An actual honest-to-god programmable Kaoss Pad/Kaossilator would be nice. Slap it in a similar chassis to something like the Novation Circuit MonoStation with some knobs for parameter adjustments and a full synth engine and I'm sure it'd sell nicely.

Augmenting the touchpad with dials is a good idea, but in keeping with the tactile control theme, perhaps something more like the Seaboard's touch-keyboard would be more appropriate? Like little round mounds that the player can slide their finger across to change the value. Four in a row x2 that could be played like a keyboard by tapping (for playing samples in real-time) or used like dials for adjusting parameters.

I'm happiest when I can manipulate the finer details of a patch, whether it be a synth patch or an effects patch. I like the effects on the Kaosspad, but really do miss being able to adjust the various elements of more complex effects like delay. I have the same issues with my Circuit. I like the way it has multiple settings tied to one knob. It's really great being able to tweak two parameters with one knob, but I also want to assign what values are tied to which dials from the front face. It has a programmer for addressing each element of the synth engine on it, but that's not how I work.

I've wanted to try out one of Kieth McMillen's controllers for awhile now, just none of them have a MIDI din interface on them and need USB MIDI interface to integrate with my computerless setup. I have a MIO 4 which I can plug one into now, but my last lot of gas money went on mixers and a series of injuries is ensuring my income flow for the next 3mths will feed a few surgeons a physiotherapists rather than my want for more noise makers.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here

Last edited by megamarkd on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The minis shouldn't be dismissed - V popular in countless Youtubes used as both master effects and the video's recording.

The Quad was fun but it becomes an FX schmozzle pretty quick - layers on layers Smile

I think the Ikaossilator took the wind out of the sails of the KPro's popularity.

I dont like playing the Ikaoss but my Kpros are lots of fun - but its hard to argue with people who cant accept you cant load from a loop pool immedately.

Funnily a KPro+ cost more than the current Electribe at my local muso store.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
The minis shouldn't be dismissed - V popular in countless Youtubes used as both master effects and the video's recording.

The Quad was fun but it becomes an FX schmozzle pretty quick - layers on layers Smile

I think the Ikaossilator took the wind out of the sails of the KPro's popularity.

I dont like playing the Ikaoss but my Kpros are lots of fun - but its hard to argue with people who cant accept you cant load from a loop pool immedately.

Funnily a KPro+ cost more than the current Electribe at my local muso store.

iKaossillator, didn't even know it existed until now. That'll do it, a cheap and nasty way to turn the interface concept into an iNovelty. I can hear it now, "why did you pay 400 moneys on that when you can get the same thing on your phone?" Because a phone is a phone and not a musical instrument in the way that it is made to make music with primarily, not make phone calls and send dick photos to loose women.

I'm sure if they came out with a Kaosspad that can run samples from flash memory that would help rejuvenate the platform, along with a higher-res touchpad. The KP3+ was immencely popular with dubstep performers for a little bit there, so there is no doubt they are a performance instrument. The biggest complaint I got from a mate who used one was the load time. He is one of these "I don't like talking to the audience" types.
strutto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Because a phone is a phone and not a musical instrument in the way that it is made to make music with primarily, not make phone calls and send dick photos to loose women.

Underrated post! Thread deserves to be resurrected just for this. Laughing

It would be good if OP could update their rant to describe their current feelings though... Rolling Eyes
SMUDGE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Kaoss DJ was intended as the natural evolution of the Kaoss series. Kaoss FX combined with Serato DJ Pro sure has a lot of potential.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: