Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BARP Odyssey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: BARP Odyssey Reply with quote

Uli introduces the BARP https://youtu.be/z_z0mhQ3grw
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the MS-101 (in a lovely shade of blue, plus great enhancements of the original), RD-808 (with added filter and wave designer among other things), Bro One, the VC-340, have I forgotten anything?
Wow, that's a lot of news.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: barp Reply with quote

barp
pretty cool stuff!!
that and the model d...
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they are really doing it. I am sorta blown away more by the balls of the company than the sound of the synth, which is pretty bloody amazing sounding. I don't know what to make of the what Behringer are doing, really. The synths sound great and the engineers must be good at something to be able to make them sound so authentic, so it's a bit of a mystery to me why they didn't use the classics as their starting points then advance the designs and bring them into the 21st century. The Deep Mind 12 was a great example of the fact they can do originals albeit based on the classics. It's almost as if Uli is saying "FU guys, I'm going clean up when all the teens and 20 somethings buy my recreations of synths that y'all made your names on 40yrs ago!"
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, but in many ways to be expected at this stage. Music Group / Behringer is a monster sized company who make all their own parts, and who bought out some of the best music companies.

Even KORG uses Behringer tech in their products. (TC Helicon)

Sharp
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oh my, it seems as B are attempting to be the Arturia of the hardware world by recreating even more synths from the 80's and now also organs.

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/12/news-behringer-tears-for-fears-vintage-synths-cloning-1.html

I wonder if Waldorf own any sort of copyright on the PPG wavetables? Considering that they are a series of single-cycle waves I'd image it would be rather hard to. If they want to be truly faithful to the original Wave 2.2, they need to reproduce the Waveterm, CRT and all! It's worth noting that the of the synths they bought, two are sample-based hybrids and one a digital.
I really don't know why they are taking-on the Linndrum, the samples are easy enough to find. If they want to prey on Roger's legacy, they need to reproduce an MPC60 (and see how Akai deal with that Wink )
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: